No new orders until 2023

AndyC555

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Went into my local Audi dealer 2 weeks ago here in Dublin to configure an RS3. Had spec finalised and wanted to place order. Dealer said they'd call Audi and ask about an estimated delivery time.
Phone call today from dealer telling me they've been told by Audi they are not taking any new orders on RS cars until 2023.

Is this just an Audi Ireland thing or is this happening in the UK?

• Wow
Reactions: 3vans and mb127
Hi guys,

Went into my local Audi dealer 2 weeks ago here in Dublin to configure an RS3. Had spec finalised and wanted to place order. Dealer said they'd call Audi and ask about an estimated delivery time.
Phone call today from dealer telling me they've been told by Audi they are not taking any new orders on RS cars until 2023.

Is this just an Audi Ireland thing or is this happening in the UK?
Doesn't surprise me one little bit considering the lead times mate hopefully it'll change in a few months time

Reactions: NevMan, RS03??? and 8YARWY
My dealer told me they were only allocated 6 a year

Hope this is correct as that would be great for my residual value!!

Reactions: daytonamart
Very self centred ....statement mate
True but considering you have a car on order it will also allow them to get through the orders and you too will have cheap motoring. In this day and age of everything getting more expensive I have absolutely no issues with catching a break on something like a new car which is completely unheard off in recent history.

Reactions: Daggerit and Jassyo06
Audi should NOT be taking any new orders of any cars until they have delivered the outstanding order.

Yet Andrew Doyle routinely boasts on LinkedIn how they are selling more cars than ever…

Audi should NOT be taking any new orders of any cars until they have delivered the outstanding order.

Yet Andrew Doyle routinely boasts on LinkedIn how they are selling more cars than ever…
That's bad Business and given the size of a Company like VAG it would not sit well with shareholders ...or employee's you don't have a fly on the wall insight to what is really going on none of us do....so jump back in yer pram and get yer dummy back in yer gob

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan
That's bad Business and given the size of a Company like VAG it would not sit well with shareholders ...or employee's you don't have a fly on the wall insight to what is really going on none of us do....so jump back in yer pram and get yer dummy back in yer gob
From a business perspective they won’t do that but from a customer service perspective they should.

From a business perspective they won’t do that but from a customer service perspective they should.
l know for a fact Porsche are doing the same.....lead times are as bad if not worse than they are for the RS3 8Y ...fact is everyone is suffering with this reliance on the China Chip Crisis .....and to be honest it's self made......cheap labour cheaper core materials.....= massive profit.....and hopefully these greedy barstewards have learnt their lesson.....and you only learn the hard way like they are doing just now......be patient man......

Reactions: Snake Pliskin