NO NO NO.... Just scratched my Alloys

Chimera

Reaction score
Website
www.chimera-s3.com
Guys/Girls,

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif I have just scratched my one week old today RS4 18" 9 spoke alloys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

I was backing up this morning admiring the steam rising from my wing mirrows as they cleaned them selves, when that noise we all dread to hear.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Have you ever had that feeling were your whole body suddenly goes cold...

Scratch is half way round the rim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif and I'm not at all happy with my self /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Chimera

PS going to go away and sulk now people. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

See you all soon.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Mine were really scratched when I got the car - had them done on the insurance and you can't really tell.

A bodyshop should be able to do it, but if you get it done, when they are finished, just check them really carefully to make sure they look okay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

No worries - just seem to remember when mine were done you could see where they had sprayed them with silver /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Guy here just had one of his wheels done when Fwik-Twit scratched his wheel. It's a slightly different shade from the others, but very close, hardly noticable.

Just look on the bright side, it could of been worse.....except you've only had it a week!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Maybe parking sensors for the side of the car are required in this case?!

I'll post some pics on Monday of how to Kerb an alloy!!

Try Wicked Wheels they have mobile wheel refurbishers. Costs approx £60 per wheel, or approx £200 for all 4. Not used them myself, but heard some good things.

Need to use them myself, due to my devil /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif car park at work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Wikid wheels are very very good...

My parents had a set of rims re-furb'd a few years back by them, and they look brand new!

Very impressive!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
Just look on the bright side, it could of been worse.....except you've only had it a week!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Maybe parking sensors for the side of the car are required in this case?!

I'll post some pics on Monday of how to Kerb an alloy!!

[/ QUOTE ]

See this is how you do it properly: