No POI upload facility on 2021 S3!

essooil

Reaction score
Thanks for reading this. This question is about the new 2021 S3 and if you can upload your own points of interest to the MMI map. I've posted in this section because I would like to know if any 2017, 2018 or 2019 S3 owners are considering upgrading to the new S3 who have previously uploaded POIs to their MMI map.

Fitst of all, let me say I have spoken to the Audi Digital team in Germany who seem to think it is NOT possible to upload points of interest to the map in the new 2020/2021 S3.

When I first got my S3 in 2017 you could upload POIs from the My.Audi website which then uploaded the POI's to the vehicle. This was super easy to do. But... in 2019 Audi removed this facility in the UK. Crazy! It was a brilliant feature.

In 2018 I contacted the Audi Digital team who confirmed the POI upload feature on the My.Audi website no longer worked in the UK (apparently it still worked in Germany). They said I would have to use the SD memory card and follow instructions on the MMI to upload POIs. They told me how to do this and to be fair it works great. I use POIBASE and a few other POI sites to upload POIs. All of my additional points of interest show on the MMI map AND the virtual cockpit map (so my custom POIs appear on two screens and are individually configurable). I have McDonald's, Hotels, Speed cams etc.

The Audi Digital Team still say UK owners cannot upload POIs via the My.Audi website and the new S3 doesn't have an SD card slot. The USB ports are for charging and music and not for uploads.

I can't believe Audi have completely removed the facility to upload POIs.

Am I the only person who found the facility to upload your own POI's useful?

Is there a way to do this on the new S3?

Really appreciate any feedback.

Thanks for the reply DJ.

Unbelievable decision by Audi.

POI's, which are actually called "Special Destinations" when you upload your own, are something I use all the time. All that technology in a new Audi and I will have to use a separate device (Tom Tom or other plug-in Sat Nav) if I want to use my own POI's / Special Destinations.

I looked at a Q7 user manual today and there is no mention of Special Destinations.

The post above mentions MIB2Plus and MIB3 media systems. I assume most (all?) new Audi vehicles have these which means no one will be able to have custom POI's / Special Destinations.

I would just love to talk to the senior manager or developer who decided to remove this feature. Surely they should be adding new functionality and keeping useful existing functionality to retain customers and to attract new customers?

Audi were once highly rated for their technology and innovation, especially regarding their MMI. This no longer seems to be the case.

MIB2P and MIB3 are in all the new touchscreen vehicles. None can upload POI’s, same goes for VW’s etc

the new systems are actually a step backwards which is why I would not factory order a car even when I dealership was throwing discounts at me. I went for new old stock with an MIB2 High that we all know and love…. and can upload POI’s to :)