No Response to Module 10-Park/Steer Assist?

Brady1981

Reaction score
Hi Guys, looking for a bit of help here. I've been using the tips on the forum to change a few settings on the car (A3 1.8 TFSI 2013 8V).

I have managed to add the wiper sweep and passenger mirror tilt, but I am having trouble accessing module 10 to turn on the MMI parking visual for the rear parking sensor.

I've attached a pic to show what I'm seeing on screen. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    6.4 MB · Views: 1,338
When you do a gateway installation list, does it list 10 at all?

Can a module be added to this list using VCDS, or is it a case of having to swap the module out for a different one that VCDS could communicate with?

Can a module be added to this list using VCDS, or is it a case of having to swap the module out for a different one that VCDS could communicate with?
Just replied to your post in the VCDS thread, asking for an autoscan and if you have factory sensors. Am guessing that as long as t's not faulty, you might have removed the module from your installation list. It can be re-added with VCDS within 19 - Can Gateway using the Installation List button.

Hi. Replying to both here. The rear sensors are factory fitted. Here is the autoscan. It doesn't appear on the list. How would I go about adding it?
Thanks for your help

Are you sure they are factory fit and not dealer fit reverse wire activation?
Surely If module 10 was there but not activated in 19 Can gateway, you would have an error in module 19 saying incorrectly coded module?

The system is mentioned on the original factory spec list I received. Not sure why the module isn't listed. Even if it is dealer fitted, is this something I can add to the gateway list through vcds?

You can add it but I think it will show an error once done.
Sorry I have no experience with the 8v chassis but it sounds like it could be incorporated within another module, possibly 09?

I can't see anything in 09 relating to it. I definitely think 10 is the one, just don't know how to communicate with it. Is it just a case of going to the Can Gateway module in VCDS and putting a tick next to 10 on the installation list, or is there more to it?

Yes, try it but if module 10 isn't there, it'll throw a fault code.
Have you had it since new?

I can't see anything in 09 relating to it. I definitely think 10 is the one, just don't know how to communicate with it. Is it just a case of going to the Can Gateway module in VCDS and putting a tick next to 10 on the installation list, or is there more to it?

Yup, connect to 19 Can Gateway > Installation List > Tick 10. I would then cycle the ignition and run an autoscan. If the module is installed and you accidentally "coded it out" while performing other mods it should be all coded and ready to go. Worst case could be the following:

1. You have dealer supplied sensors. Best way to tell would be if you have control over them from your MMI Car Menu. If you can change the volume and pitch of the beeps then you have factory fit.
  2. You have the module, it was "coded out" and once coding in it has forgotten it's coding and will need programming up. Errors will show via an Auto scan.
  3. You indeed have no module, which would be strange as 10 looks after more than just parking.

Add the module in to the installation list and then post up a full autoscan if you can please.

-Ju-, I've not had the car since new, its a 2013 model which I only purchased it from Audi 2 weeks ago.

DJALix, I can't see anything relating to the rear parking sensor in the MMI car menu.

It's starting to look like they are dealer fitted after all.

I'll make the changes mentioned above and post a screenshot later today.

If it is dealer fitted, will i still be able to add it, and would it show up errors on the autoscan?

-Ju-, I've not had the car since new, its a 2013 model which I only purchased it from Audi 2 weeks ago.

DJALix, I can't see anything relating to the rear parking sensor in the MMI car menu.

It's starting to look like they are dealer fitted after all.

I'll make the changes mentioned above and post a screenshot later today.

If it is dealer fitted, will i still be able to add it, and would it show up errors on the autoscan?

I don't suppose you performed a full autoscan before you started modifying the car did you? At this point it would be really useful to see it but it's starting to seem like you have dealer / previous owner fit "aftermarket" sensors, most of which do not interface with the Audi MMI and will have it's own speaker / beeper.

The picture of the autoscan i posted was actually taken before i modified anything.The list is the same after the mods.

Pretty safe bet you have aftermarket deal fit sensors then, like these:

http://www.advanced-incar.co.uk/parking-sensors/steelmate-rear-parking-system

Unless they are designed to be connected to the car's network you will have no MMI control over them. The photo you posted is a post autoscan DTC Clear summery. A full autoscan contains detailed information, like the one attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 14.41.07.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 14.41.07.png
    293 KB · Views: 919
Ah right, sorry. Yeah I don't have a full autoscan picture. I got mixed up, what I meant was that was a gateway installation list scan from before I modded anything.

I've attached a picture of one of the sensors. Everything does seem to point at aftermarket ones. I didn't think this would have appeared on the dealer's spec sheet? Or if it did, would they not retrofit audi's own ones?

Thanks for your help with all this. At least it lets me know either way, and saves me wasting time trying to mod something that isn't possible.

100% the type I linked. Most dealers don't want to get involved in OEM retrofitting due to the works involved and the costs, around £300 I believe.

More than welcome :) If you need anything else just shout :)

Just one other thing, i notice from the footer on your posts that you have a 1.8TFSI S-Tronic. What sort of average MPG are you getting?

Yep they are dealer fit sensors so just work from a wire connected to the reverse light.
As said you can't control them via the car as they aren't connected to the canbus system