No RS3 orders being taken

I would be gutted if I'd just bought the old one after this beast being announced! 400 BHP is mental!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why? If you can really really feel the 0.2 of a second difference to 60 in normal use, you are a better man than me gungadin.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Why? If you can really really feel the 0.2 of a second difference to 60 in normal use, you are a better man than me gungadin.

He's just on the wind up....but there's more to it than 0-2 of a second obviously

Mines a year old today! It doesn't bother me in the slightest that there is a new slightly refined different body style out. I'll change mine in a few years time and there will be a different choice no doubt.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Radman
Nice motors mate
TT going indeed.

Heading back to my spiritual home - Renaultsport.
Getting one of the last of the current Megane shape Cup-S.
Stupidly went into the local dealership last weekend and they had two in with all the worthwhile options stacked on and a whopping discount to boot, so a week of further negotiation and picking it up tomorrow.

Really looking forward to it, very much my kind of car.
Its been 4 interesting years with 6 Audi's, but other than the RS5, I didn't really gel.

Mines a year old today! It doesn't bother me in the slightest that there is a new slightly refined different body style out. I'll change mine in a few years time and there will be a different choice no doubt.

Our 8P RS3 was 5-years old last month (production date June 2011 so one of the first) and we've owned it 5-years this month, and we feel EXACTLY the same as you've said in your first sentence but unlike your second sentence ours is here for another 5-years and then maybe some more. Great car the RS3. Driven and enjoyed lots of other RS Audi but the 8P RS3 is the only one we'd prefer to own... :friends:

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Scottyg
The irony is that by the time the saloon arrives in the UK most of us will have had the RS3 for 2.5 years. Ideal time to change ;) almost as if Audi planned it ...

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Radman and Beebee-one
I suggest you guys put RVP on ignore as you have at least 12 more months of his ******* crazy posts if not 18!

TX.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Radman
I suggest you guys put RVP on ignore as you have at least 12 more months of his ******* crazy posts if not 18!

TX.

Is there a filter for repetition?

Reactions: D0C
The thing is after all of his rants and raves he will probably bottle it and not get one anyway...
Walk the walk.
Talk the talk
I suggest you guys put RVP on ignore as you have at least 12 more months of his batshit crazy posts if not 18!

TX.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Snake Pliskin
I would be gutted if I'd just bought the old one after this beast being announced! 400 BHP is mental!

Well you will be disappointed to find that owners of the CURRENT 8V Sportback model are far from 'gutted'.
As there are no rumours/news/announcements by Audi with regard to the likely appearance of a new RS3 Sportback, then I will continue to own and thoroughly enjoy my CURRENT model car! Then towards the end of 2017 after I have owned my CURRENT model for around 18 months, I may consider ordering one of the new model RS saloons or maybe even a new Sportback if there is one!

In the meantime...... gutted?
Far from it!

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, Terminator x, Snake Pliskin and 3 others
Current RS3 is 390-404hp as per RR runs I've seen. Yep we'll be well gutted to see this new 400hp one in 18 months time :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Reactions: Damian6 and Snake Pliskin
Ps it's not old it's current and will be for another 18 months :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Reactions: Radman
Current RS3 is 390-404hp as per RR runs I've seen. Yep we'll be well gutted to see this new 400hp one in 18 months time :tearsofjoy:

TX.

What if this new one dynos at 430-440bhp

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Snake Pliskin
Maybe it will, RVP getting excited about 400hp amazing saloon is all.

TX.

It wasnt for you it was to go to a charity, and I have no problem whatsoever giving charitable donations.
I think you're actually concerned that you've perhaps over exaggerated your 90% claim, probably by around 90%.

How much is the new saloon? Haven't seen that info.

No jealousy whatsoever, I'm just interested in cars and what's coming next. In fact I'm getting a proper drivers RS tomorrow.
Onwards and upwards.

With regards what's coming next for Audi, I think the best package is the new S5.
Will look into a Sportback S5 for the wife, to replace her current one.
You got to be honest mate, most people on here talk about how they prefer the SB to the saloon. I don't know one person on here (other than you) who says they prefer the saloon. And you aren't even planning on buying one:tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Radman and Terminator x
The thing is after all of his rants and raves he will probably bottle it and not get one anyway...
Walk the walk.
Talk the talk

You know me well....And I will definitely bottle it and here's an exclusive......I'm getting the new austin maestro

You know me well....And I will definitely bottle it and here's an exclusive......I'm getting the new austin maestro

My mum used to have one of those. Beast.

Proper drivers RS tomorrow
Proper drivers RS? I'm pretty sure most people will agree with that on here, seeing as it's the Renault Megane forum.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Terminator x
Proper drivers RS? I'm pretty sure most people will agree with that on here, seeing as it's the Renault Megane forum.

Here we go. I am happy to be back, I must admit.
IMG 2702

Reactions: Radman, AudiNutta and Snake Pliskin
What if this new one dynos at 430-440bhp

I would not be the least surprised if it achieved those numbers, most Audi RS engines with a turbo have exceeded the factory power figures (the n/a V8's seem to struggle a bit though, some even get less).

The potential is certainly there with the new engine, different intake, improved valve gear, twin fuel injectors (although these are primarily for more efficient running) and less weight courtesy of alloy bottom end/sump etc.

Don't be surprised if the saloon's quoted 4.1sec 0-62mph sprint is conservative either. Hopefully the mods to the Haldex and ADS will add a little bit extra for the handling too. Regardless of whether you love or loathe it's looks, it will most likely still be a great car.

Reactions: Radman and billyali86
@Beebee-one the point that some seem to miss on here is that the mk1 is a great car, the mk2 is a great car and no doubt the saloon will continue that. No need to hate on any of them especially on ASN and in the RS3 section :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Reactions: Radman, Snake Pliskin, Spaceman_RS3 and 1 other person
Had a 'spirited' run in my pup today and all can say is .... if the FL has even more power it will be insane as when you really 'gun it' in these RS3's you can EASILY reach astonishing speeds VERY quickly !!!!!

The ability to overtake on b-roads with ballistic ease is also staggeringly impressive ... especially in manual / dynamic mode, boy do these cars fly like rockets :sunglasses:

The sound is the icing on the cake and I know we go on about the sound, but it adds so much to the driving experience & occasion. Upshifting or downshifting the sound is exhilarating :checkeredflag::speakerthree::speakerthree:

Frickin awesome cars & 5 cylinders rock :yes:

Reactions: Jassyo06, ComputerControlled, Radman and 3 others
@Beebee-one the point that some seem to miss on here is that the mk1 is a great car, the mk2 is a great car and no doubt the saloon will continue that. No need to hate on any of them especially on ASN and in the RS3 section :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Yep agreed on that TX. :iagree:
MK1 & 2 are great but I am also looking forward to the new model (note; not facelift as some keep calling it), I have even warmed to the new virtual cockpit which really surprised me how good it was after having a go in an R8 V10 Plus which had it fitted (standard equipment I think?)

Reactions: Jassyo06, ComputerControlled and Terminator x
Temp gauge free with virtual cockpit too :)

Reactions: Beebee-one, ComputerControlled and Terminator x
Had a 'spirited' run in my pup today and all can say is .... if the FL has even more power it will be insane as when you really 'gun it' in these RS3's you can EASILY reach astonishing speeds VERY quickly !!!!!

The ability to overtake on b-roads with ballistic ease is also staggeringly impressive ... especially in manual / dynamic mode, boy do these cars fly like rockets :sunglasses:

The sound is the icing on the cake and I know we go on about the sound, but it adds so much to the driving experience & occasion. Upshifting or downshifting the sound is exhilarating :checkeredflag::speakerthree::speakerthree:

Frickin awesome cars & 5 cylinders rock :yes:

I'm living the RS3 dream through your posts! Haha! Going to try and get a test drive tomorrow. I need the 5 cylinder sound in my life. From first hearing the group B original Quattro's, the noise has been spine tingling!

Reactions: Beebee-one, ComputerControlled, Radman and 2 others
I'm living the RS3 dream through your posts! Haha! Going to try and get a test drive tomorrow. I need the 5 cylinder sound in my life. From first hearing the group B original Quattro's, the noise has been spine tingling!

You must, they are phenomenal pieces of kit!! Nothing compares to that 5 cylinder noise, it's great fun making people jump in the high street.. it brings out hooliganism :yahoo:

Reactions: ComputerControlled, Radman, Vins and 2 others
You must, they are phenomenal pieces of kit!! Nothing compares to that 5 cylinder noise, it's great fun making people jump in the high street.. it brings out hooliganism :yahoo:

Ha ha nice one :)

The thing is you don't even need to. E going fast to enjoy these cars.

Just starting the engine & hearing the car bark is a moment you can enjoy several times a day.

Get the car to hit 3,500rpm in a built up area with lots of buildings to resonate against with your windows down is incredible.

Then yeah just getting the exhaust to make pops & bangs on command is great fun and so many times you get heads turning on the street lol :)

Reactions: Radman and Vins
Ha ha nice one :)

The thing is you don't even need to. E going fast to enjoy these cars.

Just starting the engine & hearing the car bark is a moment you can enjoy several times a day.

Get the car to hit 3,500rpm in a built up area with lots of buildings to resonate against with your windows down is incredible.

Then yeah just getting the exhaust to make pops & bangs on command is great fun and so many times you get heads turning on the street lol :)
Yeah mate, summed up nicely. The 5 pot and sports exhaust can't beat that NOISE.

TX.
Great post TX. But I think the 8V SB will always be the icing on the cake.
A marvel of engineering... what a machine.

I am so close to putting a deposit on one! It hadn't got super sports seats as I've just discovered, Tom so close to pulling out.. I don't know what to do haha

I am so close to putting a deposit on one! It hadn't got super sports seats as I've just discovered, Tom so close to pulling out.. I don't know what to do haha
I didn't spec them in mine. Just wasn't keen. They look fussy. Get your deposit down mate. You won't miss them...

I didn't spec them in mine. Just wasn't keen. They look fussy. Get your deposit down mate. You won't miss them...

Oh no, I've gone and bought it. Providing the finance goes through, it's gone to manual override because of my age :( :( I will be going to see and drive it Tuesday..... not exactly what I wanted but its top spec except for the seats.

Reactions: Terminator x, Snake Pliskin, Radman and 1 other person