No RS3 orders being taken

Anyway to lighten the mood...I'm looking at a sepang one, black pack, gloss wheels, black mirrors and red callipers. Good choice?
Great choice, good colours - go for it and forget about the face lift speculation.
Not 100% sure what you are looking for in a car but it's a rocket and the best car I've owned.

Reactions: Radman
Anyway to lighten the mood...I'm looking at a sepang one, black pack, gloss wheels, black mirrors and red callipers. Good choice?
Definitely, same spec as I'm getting.

Reactions: Radman and ComputerControlled

Get it bought! You wont regret it at all! :D:D

Reactions: hood, 45bvtc, Radman and 1 other person
There has to be a facelift RS3 ........ but when this will happen appears to be a VERY big question.

As fo the saloon RS3, the only firm information we know is the leaked document which shows it as a USA release mid 2017 ... no mention of the UK, so will the RS3 'sedan' be USA only ?

Again, I can't see it, but you never know ... and am I right in thinking there is no RS3 in the USA full stop at the moment ?

So many questions and not enough answers.

As noted, I think we all just need to be patient and see what transpires as actual firm news / facts.

I sure am glad I have my car now though and am not in limbo waiting for news on a facelift RS3 as it really could be weeks / months or next year at this rate !

Reactions: hood

Attachments

• IMG_2501.JPG
    IMG_2501.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 434
Reactions: AndyB-S3, xssiiv, hood and 1 other person
Here you go mate
Nice!
I'm tired of Sepang - so looking for new colour for the RS3 when I get around to ordering one (facelift Sportback probably, but if they do the saloon, I'll go with that) and Cat Red does look stunning in the flesh with the black pack. I won't be ordering until later this year so plenty time to see what happens and my S3 will be just in to year 3, so right time to swap.

Hey TX I notice this is your response on almost every related thread. What's the scoop? Something read/told/felt/assumed/wished? As more indicators support contrary possibilities, this one liner starts to sound more and more like ying to asport's yang. ;)
Ha ha ;) there is no support for a RS3 appearing in June or whatever, posters are simply hoping it to be true. I've always said imho as far as none being seen this year and I'm sticking to that. There is so much negativity on here about the RS3 etc that someone has to keep the place upbeat!

TX.

Reactions: ComputerControlled
Why is hoping for a facelifted RS3 appearing this year negative? It better be coming as I want one.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Why is hoping for a facelifted RS3 appearing this year negative? It better be coming as I want one.

Well if the RS6 got the facelift at the same time as the A6 then I'm guessing it will be happening and Audi dealers seem to think the same.

Reactions: Foxtrot_Oscar
I think it was down to asport initially - going on about how the current model isn't great, and how it will be face lifted, how is M2 will be better etc. Then a few others have jumped onto the bandwagon.

I'm with TX, I think there is a bit of negativity towards the current model... which doesn't make sense given that (1) it's an RS3 forum (2) it's an amazing car and (3) a lot of the negative comments come from people who haven't got one.

It's a shame really as it's an amazing car - face lift or not.

Reactions: RGBARGEE, 45bvtc and Spaceman_RS3
I bl**dy love one. I want @Snake Pliskin one. You up for a Floret Silver swap?? :friends::friends:
Yeah man, Snake Pliskin has a beautiful one... I love my catalunya for it's stand out appeal, but floret is a real beauty...:kissingsmiling:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, 45bvtc and Scottyg
Ipswich Audi have a fully loaded nardo grey sitting down there at present

Ha ha ;) there is no support for a RS3 appearing in June or whatever, posters are simply hoping it to be true. I've always said imho as far as none being seen this year and I'm sticking to that. There is so much negativity on here about the RS3 etc that someone has to keep the place upbeat!

TX.

I just don't see of read much of the negativity, terminator x; I really don't; maybe it's me?. I do see preferences for other cars but not so much negativity; as most know my enthusiasm for the RS3; and that's any RS3, in any colour, with whatever seats, or trim: and I've driven a fair number of these machines whilst resolving minor issues: I just adore this machine and for me and mine it is the most amazing all weather road going machine and impressive when the weather is seriously against road going progress.. :yahoo:

OK, so I'd like a 3-door RS3 and if one doesn't come along then I'm keeping what I already have, facelift or not... :yahoo:

68-years of age when I drove my first and with 40-years playing with Lotus, Porsche, Ferrari, Viper, Reliant, Westfield, and other Audi stuff, this car had me shaking as it did everything so well - and 4.1/2 years later it still does... :yahoo:

But back to the negativity - that's why I created the new thread on the other RS3 forum entitled "IS ANYBODY CONTENT with their Audi RS3?" , maybe I should do the same again here and then see the positive responses the RS3 gets... :readit:

For me, if you don't like the RS3, go get something you do like; for sure I would... :racer:

A memorable FUN day for a pair of OAPs - and we didn't have or need to go out, it was pure FUN - in poor road conditions in an Audi RS3:

RS36_Snow_zpsf3b5464c.jpg

The Audi RS3 is the perfect all-weather FUN machine, for us...:yahoo:

Reactions: UV-RS3, RYes3, Spaceman_RS3 and 3 others
I bl**dy love one. I want @Snake Pliskin one. You up for a Floret Silver swap?? :friends::friends:

Yeah man, Snake Pliskin has a beautiful one... I love my catalunya for it's stand out appeal, but floret is a real beauty...:kissingsmiling:

cheers Guys appreciate that ... & just for the floret appreciation I think you deserve a pic :sunglasses:

Seeing as 45 has posted his snow scene, I think this one is most apt :) ....

Snow

Reactions: Scottyg, AndyB-S3 and 45bvtc
That's not proper snow, snake :hi:; but someone once did do the same to mine....

DETAILED 004

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Does anyone have anymore info on the closed order book as my local dealer hadn't heard about it?

Anyone know of a cat red black pack car in any dealerships anywhere?

Anyone know of a cat red black pack car in any dealerships anywhere?

Milton Keynes had an unregistered Catalunya Red earlier this week, not sure if it was a black pack but could be worth a call to check.

Last edited:
Does anyone have anymore info on the closed order book as my local dealer hadn't heard about it?

Hi All, I am a newbie to the forum and looking to place an order for a new RS3 8V (Sepang Blue with Black Pack). I am a previous Audi PCP customer so I am reasonably familiar with the usual ordering system but I have also experienced the same problem with several dealers not taking any orders for new cars - The explanation I have been given is that all current cars on order will be processed and then production is being ramped down in prep for the changeover for the coming facelift later this year (sorry to dig the facelift subject up! I am being told its minor changes to grill, front & rear lights plus some other cosmetic stuff). This info came from Milton Keynes, however my local dealer (Camberley)claims that they can still order a car to my specification.

Cam beryl will have an order in the system they can tweak how you want it.

Hi All, I am a newbie to the forum and looking to place an order for a new RS3 8V (Sepang Blue with Black Pack). I am a previous Audi PCP customer so I am reasonably familiar with the usual ordering system but I have also experienced the same problem with several dealers not taking any orders for new cars - The explanation I have been given is that all current cars on order will be processed and then production is being ramped down in prep for the changeover for the coming facelift later this year (sorry to dig the facelift subject up! I am being told its minor changes to grill, front & rear lights plus some other cosmetic stuff). This info came from Milton Keynes, however my local dealer (Camberley)claims that they can still order a car to my specification.

You should be able to amend any existing orders. Dealers don't seem to know as I was told that all RS3 built after week 22 will get the facelift. Seems like dealers know as much as us!

Did you try Stirling ask them bout other cars they may have another the could swap black wheels off.

Facelift for a3/s3 has been revealed. No word on rs3

Reactions: Terminator x
I've said it before somewhere but I have been told by Audi UK, not a dealer on commission, that there IS a facelift coming on the A3/S3 and that no more orders are being taken for A3/S3/RS3. Nothing has been confirmed for the RS3 but of course it will get the FL in my opinion. The RS will get very little priority so anyne hoping to see one this year is probably going to be very disappointed.

On another note, I don't understand why people are annoyed with people talking about the facelift?! Just because people already have theirs doesn't mean that the people wanting to order one can't ask questions about their £40-50K upcoming spend!

@RYes3 don't think anyone is annoyed about discussions it's just people are stating a facelift will be here by x y or z when in actual fact they have no idea! There are still no pics of a facelift rs3 for example apart from USA saloon which we know isn't available until well in to 2017.

TX.

The facelift looks pretty much like the rs3 saloon that was leaked from USA so I'm pretty sure that there will be an rs3 facelift to tie in with that

I like the rear lights, the front just looks too much like the a4 now though

However I remember being quite underwhelmed when I first saw the rs3

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
The changes are very minimal visually tbh - I like what I have and I'm relaxed with the changes they are making.
I do want to like the facelift as chances are I may buy another one in 3 years time.
The virtual dash appears to be the biggest selling point Audi are playing on.
As nice as it is, that is not enough to make me rush out and buy one.
I love the current RS3 and have no doubts the new facelift RS3 will be just as good with a few tweaks.
It appears that the A3 & S3 will be seen this year, but the facelift RS3 could be much later this year or even next year.
Otherwise why is there no mention of the RS3 at all ?
It is possible it could be well into next year and that would explain why the USA RS3 saloon is summer 2017.