No RS3 orders being taken

Hmm we've all been where you are in one form or another.

For me it was 2013. Was waiting for news on the S3, gave up, looked at a Merc A45 AMG, quickly went back to Audi & bought an S5 which was a superb car prior to my RS3. Not the same curcumstsnces, but appreciate how the 'waiting' can be frustrating !

Hopefully news on a FL will be forthcoming soon ... or you can find a great spec one on Audi approved, or something else in the Audi range takes your eye :yes:

But sorry mate ... will never tire of hearing that start up bark in the morning or anytime of day :sunglasses:
Or howl @ 3,500 rpm :sunglasses::sunglasses:

I have never had eyes for Mercedes, I will admit they have some nice looking cars now but I can never see myself owning one.

I am hoping we will get some from the Paris Motorshow next week, failing that I may have a breakdown ;) The only other potential cars on my list now are the new S4 Avant (bit too quiet), RS4 (12 months+ is too long to wait), or I have thought about going back to a B8 RS4 V8, I have always had such a big soft spot for that car.. but then it's spending £40k+ on a previous gen car, which is the only thing putting me off when I know how nice the B9 A4 is.

The RS3 just does it for me. As much as I would prefer the upgrading to the A4 interior, being in a 8V A3 now.. its that 5-pot bark which does it for me all day long. The RS3 is just about the loudest / aggressive in the range IMO, or at par with an RS6. The RS3 is if any, one of the sensible RS' haha. With the insurance being only £3700 at the moment, with the RS6 at £8000 ;)

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I have never had eyes for Mercedes, I will admit they have some nice looking cars now but I can never see myself owning one.

I am hoping we will get some from the Paris Motorshow next week, failing that I may have a breakdown ;) The only other potential cars on my list now are the new S4 Avant (bit too quiet), RS4 (12 months+ is too long to wait), or I have thought about going back to a B8 RS4 V8, I have always had such a big soft spot for that car.. but then it's spending £40k+ on a previous gen car, which is the only thing putting me off when I know how nice the B9 A4 is.

The RS3 just does it for me. As much as I would prefer the upgrading to the A4 interior, being in a 8V A3 now.. its that 5-pot bark which does it for me all day long. The RS3 is just about the loudest / aggressive in the range IMO, or at par with an RS6. The RS3 is if any, one of the sensible RS' haha. With the insurance being only £3700 at the moment, with the RS6 at £8000 ;)
Yeah man it's all about the 5 pot. Bigger RS models might have the bigger engine, but don't have the sheer aggression of the RS3. Mean and fierce engine and exhaust setup.
B9 RS4 for me next. I've always wanted one. And I'll need the space for my family.
RS6... some day eh?:sunglasses:

Reactions: Radman, AudiNutta and Jassyo06
I admire your commitment to the RS3 cause RVP.
What about the RS4? Sure it will materialise some time next year.
Or the M4? Fine example of a motor that is. I would be tempted myself but first baby is on the way, and my dog is getting too big for a coupe...

Thanks! I'm prepared to wait as the pics of the testing are starting to appear. I doubt they will have it ready for the Paris motorshow so maybe the next show in the new year. As long as by sept next year I'm in the new one I will be very happy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah man it's all about the 5 pot. Bigger RS models might have the bigger engine, but don't have the sheer aggression of the RS3. Mean and fierce engine and exhaust setup.
B9 RS4 for me next. I've always wanted one. And I'll need the space for my family.
RS6... some day eh?:sunglasses:

B9 RS5....never mind the family....lol....fire them in boot....lol

Thanks! I'm prepared to wait as the pics of the testing are starting to appear. I doubt they will have it ready for the Paris motorshow so maybe the next show in the new year. As long as by sept next year I'm in the new one I will be very happy!!

I am telling you right now if the RS3 Sportback doesnt make a appearance at the Paris Motor Show there wont be one,the all new A3 is due out at the end of 2018...go figure

Reactions: Radman, elton121272, Thundercliffe81 and 2 others
B9 RS5....never mind the family....lol....fire them in boot....lol
Not a big fan of the RS5 mate. I don't know what it is - I think the back end looks a bit clunky... just doesn't look 100% right. Unlike the RS3 sportback which looks perfectly proportioned. Give me the RS4 any day of the week...

Reactions: Radman, Jassyo06 and AudiNutta
£3500 for insurance @AudiNutta
:puke2:
That's a fair increase from the £190 odd I'm paying just now. Jesus, that's mental money!
How old are you?

Yep, that's the price!! I am 19 at the moment, when I turn 20 in May it will get around £400 cheaper hopefully.
I am on my 3rd year of driving now. I have paid as follows:

1st year, 17, MK5 Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 £2800
2nd year, 18, A3 S Line 1.4TFSi (122ps) £1150
3rd year, 19, as above £600

My 3rd year should have been in excess of £800, but I used the Aviva Drive App which was excellent and got me a 28% discount.

Being young, paid good money and not an ounce of sensibility or responsibility, I find myself prepared to pay £3000 in insurance to get behind the wheel of an RS3.. it is my dream to own an Audi, let alone an RS.. so it is my reward for getting through my 4 year apprenticeship :D

Reactions: SHOTTA GTR and Scottyg
See this is where I went wrong. Left home the second I got a job and got a mortgage! Should have stayed with the parents and bought the car I wanted away back then. Well, 7 houses and over 18 cars later, would I change things??? Probably not as I'll be mortgage free in ten years maybe sooner.
All the best in getting your RS3. You'll be the youngest owner of one one here I'd think.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Thundercliffe81 and Snake Pliskin
See this is where I went wrong. Left home the second I got a job and got a mortgage! Should have stayed with the parents and bought the car I wanted away back then. Well, 7 houses and over 18 cars later, would I change things??? Probably not as I'll be mortgage free in ten years maybe sooner.
All the best in getting your RS3. You'll be the youngest owner of one one here I'd think.

See you did the sensible thing most definitely, but my excuse is "just do it while I can", but I know full well I won't be able to stop with the expensive, fast cars once I get my hands on an RS... all worth it in the end ;) I spend the same amount of money as the other boys in college, but they spend it out on the **** and end up washing down walls with it, each to their own.. I'd rather put it into a car, even if it does depreciate like hell haha!!

Reactions: Scottyg
I think I have figured out why there are no pops on the reviews of the TTRS!! If you watch the below video, if the car is in auto/comfort but with the exhaust valves open... no pops! But when in dynamic, you get the pops, just like with every RS3 and the warmer the engine gets, the louder they seem to be :D

I am telling you right now if the RS3 Sportback doesnt make a appearance at the Paris Motor Show there wont be one,the all new A3 is due out at the end of 2018...go figure

Like I said before I don't think that either the saloon or the hatch will appear at the Paris show. Next years shows I think now.

TTRS is an awful looking bit of kit.

Reactions: ComputerControlled
I think I have figured out why there are no pops on the reviews of the TTRS!! If you watch the below video, if the car is in auto/comfort but with the exhaust valves open... no pops! But when in dynamic, you get the pops, just like with every RS3 and the warmer the engine gets, the louder they seem to be :D

@jassyo06 - ^ Nice? :D

Reactions: Jassyo06 and AudiNutta
TTRS is an awful looking bit of kit.
I think it looks great, inside and out. It's far more uncompromising than the RS3 and looks consistently sporty and aggressive from all angles.

There is a TT section ;)

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tom_L, ComputerControlled, Radman and 1 other person
One for RVP. Get yourself one ordered mate.
I'm no sure on the sedan, I'm sure with the right options it could look amazing though.

Best news ever!!!!! My deposit is ready to go.......

Reactions: AudiNutta
https://www.netcarshow.com/audi/2017-rs3_sedan/

Audi-RS3_Sedan-2017-1024-01.jpg

Audi presented the most dynamic model of the A3 model series, the Audi RS3 sedan at the 2016 Motor Show in Paris. With a 400 hp five-cylinder engine, groundbreaking efficiency and an even sharper look, it is the first compact Audi sedan to bear the RS label.

The new 2.5 TFSI outputs 294 kW (400 hp) - 33 hp more than its predecessor. That makes it the most powerful five-cylinder engine on the world market. Its 480 Nm (354.0 lb-ft) of torque is available at engine speeds between 1,700 and 5,850 revolutions per minute for outstanding tractive power. The compact RS model sprints from 0 to 100 km/h (62.1 mph) in just 4.1 seconds. It can attain a maximum speed of 250 km/h (155.3 mph); on request Audi will increase the electronically limited top speed to 280 km/h (174.0 mph). The unique sound of the five-cylinder unit intensifies an already emotionally charged driving experience. Its sound comes from having the ignition alternate between directly adjacent cylinders and widely spaced ones. The sound can be modified via Audi drive select.

With its light-alloy crankcase, the five-cylinder engine is 26 kilograms (57.3 lb) lighter than its predecessor. It employs a dual injection into the intake manifold and into the combustion chambers, as well as the Audi valvelift system for variable control of the exhaust valves. The result is optimal power development at a reduced consumption level......

Interesting pics... for my two cents, some angles suit it, but still on the side of being too subtle I think? Some of the straight ahead views and one of the rear views it just looks weak!? best angle rear 3/4. It might look better in the flesh, but would of thought prime oppo for RS dept to give the arches the full fat RS6 treatment and make it compete visually with the M2. As it stands 1-0 BMW on the looks from me...

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Radman
Hate to say it folks. Total anti-climax. The only RS thing about the saloon is the engine.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
I agree. The SB stance is wide enough, but any longer saloon variant of a car needs wider arches to lift the image, aka M2.
Interesting pics... for my two cents, some angles suit it, but still on the side of being too subtle I think? Some of the straight ahead views and one of the rear views it just looks weak!? best angle rear 3/4. It might look better in the flesh, but would of thought prime oppo for RS dept to give the arches the full fat RS6 treatment and make it compete visually with the M2. As it stands 1-0 BMW on the looks from me...

Reactions: LogicSnap
According to the write up it's only available in China/USA from summer 2017, no mention of here

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
According to the write up it's only available in China/USA from summer 2017, no mention of here

Yep, that's seems to be the info..... Summer 2017.

So, we know it has the new engine, the new lights and virtual cockpit interior, some updated electronics managing the handling via the Haldex, even some new brakes with a supposedly ceramic option (heard that before but they are also on the new TTRS)...... whats the odds on there being a RHD version of the saloon and also upgraded RS3 Sportback with all the latest bells and whistles heading to the UK for 2018?

So it's a no to a facelift RS3 in 2016 then. Oh and no hatch :box:

TX.

Reactions: Beebee-one
Personally, I think it looks good. Was worried about the front, not so now. As ever, a slight drop, better wheels and offset and it'll look 10 times better.

If they did it as a SB, I'd have that as it's more practical. But, for me, I can again buy a RS3, so I'll have one of these. In Nardo, with lots of Black.

Reactions: S3LVX
Upgrade on power, upgrade on brakes, upgrade on interior and virtual cockpit......erm let me think about that. Oh and lighter engine to get rid of that horrible understeer from the old one. Audi I love you

Reactions: AudiNutta