No RS3 orders being taken

Hate to say it folks. Total anti-climax. The only RS thing about the saloon is the engine.
I like it you know... I would still prefer the sportback, but it looks pretty good.
Looks a million times better than the TTRS. Maybe one for you Jassy?:frowning:
Black pack, black alloys... no we're talking:smilingimp:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and AudiNutta
Upgrade on power, upgrade on brakes, upgrade on interior and virtual cockpit......erm let me think about that. Oh and lighter engine to get rid of that horrible understeer from the old one. Audi I love you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Give me the sportback any day of the week though mate.
That sedan is a bit too granddad for me:tongueclosed:

Reactions: Radman
Personally, I think it looks good. Was worried about the front, not so now. As ever, a slight drop, better wheels and offset and it'll look 10 times better.

If they did it as a SB, I'd have that as it's more practical. But, for me, I can again buy a RS3, so I'll have one of these. In Nardo, with lots of Black.
Exactly my thoughts.
Lowering and spacers will make it look way more aggressive. Looks like we'll have matching cars, was after nardo with the black pack

Last edited:
Reactions: RicoS3
Yep, that's seems to be the info..... Summer 2017.

So, we know it has the new engine, the new lights and virtual cockpit interior, some updated electronics managing the handling via the Haldex, even some new brakes with a supposedly ceramic option (heard that before but they are also on the new TTRS)...... whats the odds on there being a RHD version of the saloon and also upgraded RS3 Sportback with all the latest bells and whistles heading to the UK for 2018?

2018 will be perfect timing for me. Just hope it's not silly priced.

IMG 5982
well finally they have sorted the grip on the steering wheel and put it the right war round.

Hope they announce it for the uk would like to see it in the flesh and with some non Kia Sportage wheels

Reactions: billyali86
well finally they have sorted the grip on the steering wheel and put it the right war round.
Hmm.. not sure about that. I'm worried that the alcantara will become a horrobile mess as it soaks up oils from the skin of your hands. At least in the current layout you can avoid touching it most of the time.
Shame it's not the really ace steering wheel from the TTRS/R8 though.

Hmm.. not sure about that. I'm worried that the alcantara will become a horrobile mess as it soaks up oils from the skin of your hands. At least in the current layout you can avoid touching it most of the time.

Maybe it will over time but worst case scenario is get it re done but you will probably sell the car by then! What great grip it will have

Retrofit the TTRS wheel. It is lush.

Upgrade on price.
Upgrade on power, upgrade on brakes, upgrade on interior and virtual cockpit......erm let me think about that. Oh and lighter engine to get rid of that horrible understeer from the old one. Audi I love you

The saloon s3 is a couple of grand more than the sb, can't imagine the difference being that much

Who cares.......it's coming and that's all that matters!

Reactions: AudiNutta
Who cares.......it's coming and that's all that matters!

love your enthusiasm but.........if you want one with the steering wheel on the right side then you may be waiting a bit longer?

love your enthusiasm but.........if you want one with the steering wheel on the right side then you may be waiting a bit longer?

I've waited long enough and believe me I can wait longer for this!!

Reactions: AudiNutta
By the time it's available I'd have had mine for nearly two years. Can't see it being a smooth transition period and if it's anything like the SB ordering process and waiting list, well god help you. Audi Uk have said end of 2017 for marketing it so looking at early 2018 at the earliest. That's 18 months away folks.....

On a seperate note, does this thread of mine hold the audisportnet replies to a thread record??? It's been an emotional journey

Reactions: AudiNutta and ComputerControlled
Hopefully but extra virtual add ons and new engine will push it way past that.

On a seperate note, does this thread of mine hold the audisportnet replies to a thread record??? It's been an emotional journey
It's been very emotional. I almost don't want the facelift to come as I don't know if I could live without this thread:tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Radman and Beebee-one
Don't tell RVP that... it's like p*ssing on his chips!
(Although you might be right... who knows).

Looks good, the saloon is the best looking 8v variant IMO.
Sounds like it should be sorting out some of the handling inefficiencies too.
Certainly a big improvement over the SB, however like the SB it's nowhere near RS looking enough and those wheels are almost as bad as the rotors......

Last edited:
Certainly a big improvement over the SB, however like the SB it's nowhere near RS looking enough and those wheels are almost as bad as the rotors......
I think that's the beauty of all the RS models. They are understated in design. Wouldn't want a car that looked like it had had a day out in Halfords boy racer department would we?
I think the SB is perfectly designed. Even when parked up to an S3 the look is very different. I like the new Sedan too, would love to see it in the flesh.
When you compare the RS models to the more bog standard cars like the S Lines, that's when you can really tell the difference!

Saloon does not look as sporty or purposeful as the sportback.

Put those subtle changes on the sportback and it would look good and I would order another.

Not sure about the alloys though, but better than the alloys offered on the TTRS.

If they are released in the UK in 2018 that will be spot on for me :)

Reactions: Radman and ComputerControlled
Saloon does not look as sporty or purposeful as the sportback.

Put those subtle changes on the sportback and it would look good and I would order another.

Not sure about the alloys though, but better than the alloys offered on the TTRS.

If they are released in the UK in 2018 that will be spot on for me :)

I love the new dash layout - looks mega. And I'm with you on the alloys Snake, they just don't seem to suit the body shape...
All in all, it's a nice motor, just the price that's being bandied about I'm not so sure about.
We were lucky with the original 8V, at the base price it was. Worth every penny for what you get. All this talk of £50k just sounds too much IMO.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Radman
I love the new dash layout - looks mega. And I'm with you on the alloys Snake, they just don't seem to suit the body shape...
All in all, it's a nice motor, just the price that's being bandied about I'm not so sure about.
We were lucky with the original 8V, at the base price it was. Worth every penny for what you get. All this talk of £50k just sounds too much IMO.
Bang on point there mate. There will be a premium to be paid to get the car looking anything decent away from the base spec, alloys, virtual etc etc. Also, the thing that is concerning is that we are talking about a car here that probably won't be on people's drives until at least mid 2018??? By that time a SB could be revealed and by which time I might have a look. But I'd have been driving mine for a good couple of years by then. This thread really doesn't need any more saloon talk as its 18 months away at least.
Also, although folks won't admit it, the saloon is their second choice due to missing out on the original SB 8V. That's a lot of money to spend on your 2nd choice.
I'm not having a dig, I really want people to experience what most of us do each day, but I do feel some people have missed the boat by dithering about purchasing some of the stock SB's that were floating about.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Snake Pliskin
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and AudiNutta
Sportback looks a proper 'hot hatch'

These new 'micro saloons' were originally designed for the USA market, as they really like them.

Yeah virtual dash is cool but it will likely cost £2k to £2.5k as no doubt Audi will bundle it with sat nab upgrade only like other models.

Our current RS3's will likely hold thier value really well though with the new one being so far off and reflecting a substantial price hike.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Shock of the day, most owners of current model prefer it to the new version.
I think they've made a good attempt, on paper, of sorting things out. The handling should be sharper, with improvements made to the Haldex unit and the lighter block to compliment that, should mean a better feel and turn in.

Its just not special enough though. I didn't think the SB was either and IMO the saloon is a far superior looking variant. Looks are subjective, so don't anyone get their knickers into a twist.
I'd save harder and get the TTRS if I were in the market for a Haldex RS.
I'd rate the new S5 higher than both though, despite not coming with the stigma of the RS badge, looks like a great package.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81, D0C and Jassyo06
Shock of the day, most owners of current model prefer it to the new version
I bet 90% people putting their name down for the saloon wished they had got the SB when they had the chance.
The views and opinions of people on this forum are proof of that.
RS3 SB is an iconic car, as is the S3 SB. Only one RS3 in my eyes.
Saloon looks nice, just something about it not right IMHO. Expensive too, for what you get.
So glad I got mine when I did...

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
I like it you know... I would still prefer the sportback, but it looks pretty good.
Looks a million times better than the TTRS. Maybe one for you Jassy?:frowning:
Black pack, black alloys... no we're talking:smilingimp:

Hi mate...l don't like the looks...the front end....!! what has happened to them big air intakes either side of the front bumper....Audi...know where there bread is buttered...by releasing this Sedan RS3....the big old US of A....I AM RATHER DISSAPOINTED....

Got talking to Laydee outside my work today she had parked up her very new 16 plate RS3 in Solar Orange,Alu Pack,Roof Rails,Privacy,Lunar Silver SS seats....all options bar the Pano-Roof...stunning it was real unsual combo....her husband got it for her as a present....they had waited almost a year for it...hubby had a RS7...she told me,real nice woman..she thought her car was Catalunya....lol

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Snake Pliskin
Shock of the day, most owners of current model prefer it to the new version.
I think they've made a good attempt, on paper, of sorting things out. The handling should be sharper, with improvements made to the Haldex unit and the lighter block to compliment that, should mean a better feel and turn in.

Its just not special enough though. I didn't think the SB was either and IMO the saloon is a far superior looking variant. Looks are subjective, so don't anyone get their knickers into a twist.
I'd save harder and get the TTRS if I were in the market for a Haldex RS.
I'd rate the new S5 higher than both though, despite not coming with the stigma of the RS badge, looks like a great package.

You back on yer Meds @Craigl because yer starting to talk real sensible mate and nicely...lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and CraigI
Bang on point there mate. There will be a premium to be paid to get the car looking anything decent away from the base spec, alloys, virtual etc etc. Also, the thing that is concerning is that we are talking about a car here that probably won't be on people's drives until at least mid 2018??? By that time a SB could be revealed and by which time I might have a look. But I'd have been driving mine for a good couple of years by then. This thread really doesn't need any more saloon talk as its 18 months away at least.
Also, although folks won't admit it, the saloon is their second choice due to missing out on the original SB 8V. That's a lot of money to spend on your 2nd choice.
I'm not having a dig, I really want people to experience what most of us do each day, but I do feel some people have missed the boat by dithering about purchasing some of the stock SB's that were floating about.

18 months away.....Radman man up....its coming and available to order in April 17....and you are havin a dig....coincidentally