No sound when device is connected to Bluetooth

Avib

Reaction score
Hello,
Something strange happened few days ago, and I can't understand what is the reason.
I came into the car, the device was automatically connected via Bluetooth, but when I tried to play a song there was no sound at all (just like it's in mute). The Radio and the Speaker work perfect, only the media stopped producing sound.

I tried to reset MMI, it didn't work. I tried to change phone device but still the same issue.
I have no idea how to even start investigate it, do you have any suggestions? Is anyone familiar with this issue?

I own A3, 2013

Thanks.

Last edited:
Needing more info on the type off unit if it's OEM or aftermarket

It is OEM, I didn't change anything in the car.
Please let me know if there is any additional info I can provide.

That's what I thought at the beginning, but I tried with another device and it was exactly the same.
Device is able to connect via bluetooth, and I can make phone calls with sound, but when I switch to media, there is no sound...

It would help if you can give a better description of the OEM headunit as there is a few , plus has the music always come from your phone via Bluetooth.
As far as I remember the MMI works CD or iPod , Bluetooth I have never heard off it being used to Stream music from your phone unless it is an Aftermarket headunit , just I have the RSN-E in my car and all Bluetooth does it throws the mobile numbers from phone to HU + works phone calls incoming + outgoing

Reactions: abmat
+1 on this. I can only use the phone over BT, not play music. The only time I’ve been able to do this is with apple carplay in a vag car

Reactions: ch1z64
Hello,
Something strange happened few days ago, and I can't understand what is the reason.
I came into the car, the device was automatically connected via Bluetooth, but when I tried to play a song there was no sound at all (just like it's in mute). The Radio and the Speaker work perfect, only the media stopped producing sound.

I tried to reset MMI, it didn't work. I tried to change phone device but still the same issue.
I have no idea how to even start investigate it, do you have any suggestions? Is anyone familiar with this issue?

I own A3, 2013

Thanks.

Hey,

Did you ever solve this problem?

i think this was in the wrong thread - judging by the date likely an 8v not 8p A3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello,

I own A3, 2013

Thanks.
Hello,

i'm encountering your same issue.
Could you please tell me how did you solve the problem?

Thanks in advance for your support,

Giuseppe