No Water Out of The Rear Wiper?

as400

Reaction score
The wiper moves and I can hear a motor trying, but no water is coming out?...is this a common problem?

I have the same problem and yes its very common.

You will have to look and see if the nozzle is blocked and the connection is ok

Get a pin and poke it in the 2 holes. They'll just be full of crap. Sometimes takes a few attempts

Try not to press your washers too much while there blocked or the water will run out of your washer motor and all over your boot lid catch and will soak it short it out and the car will think the boot is open all the time!!

Best thing to do is to remove the cover and spray head, then use the rear washer, if water comes out then the spray head is blocked.
If no water comes out, then the hose is disconected from the motor asembaly, you would have to remove the boot trim and reconect the washer hose.

someone said that certain types of screen wash are too viscous and block the jets

check the front of the engine bay to see if water is coming out from there - mine wasnt working and turned out to be a loose pipe

A more common fault that a blocked jet is the hose actually coming off and being loose in the boot trim, which isn't good at all and could lead to problems with the boot lock.

I also have the problem with no water coming out my hole lol :huh:
I done what nelson had suggested with using a pin. It worked for a while but now it doesnt work again!!

Daws....
That happened to me. Just keep doing it. I had to do it a few times. you'll be clearing the crud then it works and possibly its clogging again.

I am ultimately thinking about de-wipering it N8!
But I hate it when rear window gets dirty, not very useful without wiper!? Does look good tho!!

same prob but i kept squirting it and fuse blown so changed fuse but motor just waiting for new one .... thinking of getting rid of wiper too ..........

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbsup:Hi all am new here and am just browsing through the forum, i had the same problem on my 2005 a3 sportback and found that the washer pipe in the boot had actually come off and was leaking water into the locking mechanism, this resulted in my boot sensor also playing up and the light for the boot staying on constantly. I removed the plastic casing from the tailgate reattached the washer pipe using some pluming tape and also dried out the tailgate sensor. All is now well.

This is a common problem but easily solved. You will need two people, just take of the boot trim and locate the pipe going into the washer jet. Remove the pipe from the washer jet and hold the end of it in a cup or bucket. Then someone needs to squirt the rear washer. Then put it all back together. Have a look in the cup after, mine had quite a bit of crap floating in it. Mines been fine since.