Nob damaged my parked car

Sugmabalz

S3 Saloon
Reaction score
So first time this happend to me, parked my car at a pub , bloke scrapes and dints my car (probs need new bumper and wheel arch panel) drove off and left no details, got his reg on CCTV. 100% clear evidence of him doing it, what do I do now, I want to try and avoid insurance as my insurance is already a lot as it is due to my age, no one to help me or tell me what to do so thought I’d come here

What a sefish b@stard, he must've been. Was he drunk leaving the pub?
Feel for you. These are our pride and joy, cherished motors and scum just bang it

You can contact DVLA with request for release of last registered keeper information. There is a form to fill and fee to pay for it but notmally, if you reson why you need such info, they should give them to you.
Done it couple of times with success, once when I was tracing owner of abandoned vehicle I wanted to claim ownership of and second time, when scum scraped my parked vehicle. For the second time, there was no details in file to release as vehicle was inbetween hands (suspect trader) and they refused it but returned fee.

Cannot remember form you need for it but dig it up on google and surely you'll find it.
Post it with registered postage and keep record of all actions.

Your second contact should be to the person dvla will give you contact of.
Once in hand, visit the address, confirm that tw@t and confront. As registered keeper, he/she was driving vehicle that time and date, so should be also person who insured and taxed the vehicle. Then they will be fully responsible for the vehicle and named as "owner".
Reason with them or scare them with police/insurance action and that will hurt them more. They abandoned time and place of incident and probably did not reported it to police either.

Any type of confrotation, I would recommend to record or make with a witness.

Good luck

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Raise the claim via your insurance & contact the police to report leaving the scene of an accident, you must do this immediately.

Do not goto there property to confront them, let the police & insurance handle this, things can go wrong very quickly.

As long as the cctv is clear, you wont suffer any issue with the claim.

Reactions: callumw and NevMan
What a sefish b@stard, he must've been. Was he drunk leaving the pub?
Feel for you. These are our pride and joy, cherished motors and scum just bang it

You can contact DVLA with request for release of last registered keeper information. There is a form to fill and fee to pay for it but notmally, if you reson why you need such info, they should give them to you.
Done it couple of times with success, once when I was tracing owner of abandoned vehicle I wanted to claim ownership of and second time, when scum scraped my parked vehicle. For the second time, there was no details in file to release as vehicle was inbetween hands (suspect trader) and they refused it but returned fee.

Cannot remember form you need for it but dig it up on google and surely you'll find it.
Post it with registered postage and keep record of all actions.

Your second contact should be to the person dvla will give you contact of.
Once in hand, visit the address, confirm that tw@t and confront. As registered keeper, he/she was driving vehicle that time and date, so should be also person who insured and taxed the vehicle. Then they will be fully responsible for the vehicle and named as "owner".
Reason with them or scare them with police/insurance action and that will hurt them more. They abandoned time and place of incident and probably did not reported it to police either.

Any type of confrotation, I would recommend to record or make with a witness.

Good luck

Thanks mate, I know! It's our pride and joy and some dickhead thinks he can wreck it and drive off!! Absolutely furious. Thanks for the advice mate just thinking of an action plan now as I want to rain down on this ****** like hell. What makes it worst is like you stated he was probably ****** up the daft c@nt

Raise the claim via your insurance & contact the police to report leaving the scene of an accident, you must do this immediately.

Do not goto there property to confront them, let the police & insurance handle this, things can go wrong very quickly.

As long as the cctv is clear, you wont suffer any issue with the claim.
Cheers for the reply mate! Yeah im going to call rozzers today. just want to avoid my insurance going up or having to take money out my own pocket to pay for something I didn't do

Cheers for the reply mate! Yeah im going to call rozzers today. just want to avoid my insurance going up or having to take money out my own pocket to pay for something I didn't do
If the cttv is 100% showing there actions, you won't be liable, but you must call both the police & insurance, ask insurance 1st before raising claim what the ramifications are if you're that bothered.

Will have to declare as a no fault claim for the next number of years. Be careful with the mentioning to insurance as a question. I did that once with home insurance asking about roof tiles blowing off, and they then insist on noting it as a claim!

I would post the video on your local Facebook page saying that you have 24 hours to come forward otherwise I’ll report it as a hit and run.

Seems to work half the time. But you have his number plate and a video so it’s a case of how much trouble do they want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: LesleyG, NevMan and KrisKrk
I would post the video on your local Facebook page saying that you have 24 hours to come forward otherwise I’ll report it as a hit and run.

Seems to work half the time. But you have his number plate and a video so it’s a case of how much trouble do they want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats another way of delaings.
Nowadays, social media is really powerfull.