noise in the cockpit

VAGpower

Reaction score
Hello, on my A3 8Y 35 TFSI S-tronic I have a noise in the cockpit. A "beep" which comes from the 48V battery when the engine restarts after having driven in freewheel mode or after the start and stop. To put it simply: when the engine is switched off either by stop and start or by freewheeling mode, a green circled A warning light lights up on the instrument panel, and it is when it goes out that the "beep" of the 48V battery is heard just when the engine restarts. Do you have the same problem ?

Hello, on my A3 8Y 35 TFSI S-tronic I have a noise in the cockpit. A "beep" which comes from the 48V battery when the engine restarts after having driven in freewheel mode or after the start and stop. To put it simply: when the engine is switched off either by stop and start or by freewheeling mode, a green circled A warning light lights up on the instrument panel, and it is when it goes out that the "beep" of the 48V battery is heard just when the engine restarts. Do you have the same problem ?
Nope, my 48V battery never beeps on engine restart. (I have the same drivetrain as you.)

No.
I have the same engine gearbox as you and have no beeping coming from the battery or anywhere near it either.

Thank you for your answers. Good for you that you don't have this unpleasant noise.

it is a beep that can be heard without the music in the cockpit and with the windows closed. it's like a very light ultra sound, it's not easy to hear it. On other forums people have the same noise