Non-aero wipers - where can I get them?

Mikebabs1

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can get a set of standard wiper arms (and blades) for the 2001 A4?

I bought a set of replacement blade rubbers for mine but when trying to remove the passenger side blade from the arm, something snapped off the arm, so I now need to replace them.

I considered replacing them with the aero ones but I'm loathed to spend 80 odd quid on some wipers.

I've tried vagparts and they only seem to sell the aero ones.

Cheers

Mike

Mikebabs1 said:
Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can get a set of standard wiper arms (and blades) for the 2001 A4?

I bought a set of replacement blade rubbers for mine but when trying to remove the passenger side blade from the arm, something snapped off the arm, so I now need to replace them.

I considered replacing them with the aero ones but I'm loathed to spend 80 odd quid on some wipers.

I've tried vagparts and they only seem to sell the aero ones.

Cheers

Mike

You have PM

Thanks arthurfaxake. That's good of you. Are they in good nick and how much did you want for them?

Cheers

Mike

I had to resort to getting mine from Audi dealer, VAGparts sent me the ones for the B5, which I kept for my other car. Can't believe Bosch don't seem to do replacements, pathetic.

You can have 'em gratis, merry christmas.

I just dunno when I'm going to get a chance to fit them. We were evacuated from our house on xmas eve, and a building has since then collapsed which has damaged my house, so I can't see it being for a couple of weeks yet though.

sorry to hear about your house, was santas sleigh too heavy for your neighbours roof?

A massive thank you to Arthurfaxake (Lawrence) for sending me his "old" wipers (which look almost like new) and refusing to accept any form of payment! What a nice guy!

Has anyone got any tips on how to get the wiper arms off? Mine appear to be welded to the car and no amount of WD40 and yanking seems to release them! I've removed the plastic cap and unscrewed the bolt but the thing just will not come off. It's getting rather frustrating now so any advice greatly received as always.

Thanks

Mike

Try what I did. Remove the plastic caps and remove the nut. Get in there with a bit of wd40 and leave it for 15 mins. Tap the arms with a spanner around the mounting point(the vibrations help to break any bonding). Then gently move the wiper in the direction of it's normal sweep-it's a bit unerving, but you'll get a feel for the kind of pressure you can exert without damaging any of the internal linkages. The shaft of the wiper assembly is splined, but the wiper arm itself isn't, so it "should" eventually free itself. I also battled a bit to get them off, but they did eventually release. Failing that, pop into audi(or a local garage) and see if they'll lend you the tool to release them.

Also, be sure to really clean the wiper assembly shaft to get rid of the wd40 before putting the "new" arms on.

Good luck.

Even with the wiper arm removal tool the wiper arms can be a real ****** to remove. The removal tool did not fit on my 2004 Avant as it would not slide under it properly.
Damian from DPM will back me up on this as he spent an hour trying to remove it to get at my ECU. After working it back and forth and just as we were about to give up, it came off though. Seemed like the splines were just covered in salt really. Damian did say they weren't usually this difficult but it may just take some patience mate.

As an aside, don't be scared to put a bit of wax onto the wiper arms, it'll keep them looking as good as the rest of your car.