Not a good day yesterday

LangChop

Reaction score
So me and the Mrs shoot to get a few bits for work as we work nights. Now.. I never take my car down our lanes as it’s to right and frustrates me that people don’t know the size of there car. So yesterday one of our roads was closed so I had to take the lane coming back from shopping we was literally outside our place and......
111a6298c0d78730832cb1ef5138eece.jpg

The young girl was going to fast down a wet muddy lane and skidded straight into us. Not happy is a under statement! Is this a write off as I’ve never had a problem like this until now?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Hope you and Mrs are fine.
Think it may well be a write off. You looking at bonnet, wing, lamp, bumper to replace + all other internal bits.
God knows what state suspension is so that will he on top of above bits.
I'm no expert but it looks like it. Sorry

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Its subject to car value vs repair costs, if no chassis damage, you many want to consider a cat m marker, take the payout & find bits yourself & repair for allot less.

I hope you are all okay.
Wait and see what the insurance company say, if it's cat N (non-structural) then you may be able to buy it back, find the parts and repair it. However, if it is S (structural) then consider leaving it as the chassis has been compromised in some way.

Thanks everyone we’re ok just a sore nose from the airbag and bruise on collar bone from belt. Mrs is only small she got a bruise on her hip. I’m gutted absolutely love this car. If it’s not a cat S then I will be repairing it and keeping it as it’s such a nice drive. Just hope it’s the same drive when/if it comes back home.

Write off.

airbags alone could write it off, let alone any structural damage. Did both driver and passenger deploy?

Bad times.

glad you’re both safe though.

I’d start looking for a new motor.

Thanks for the input people. Already found one unfortunately so just have to wait now.

Got bit of good news today. Bad news is The car is a cat s but... I will be getting it back and repairing it my self as I didn’t want to and still dont wanna get rid of it. I’m from sittingbourne south east if anyone knows a good body shop just to check structure of me car.

You need a accident repair centre with a jig and the necessary pullers to straighten the car.

I’d get an estimate but I think the costs v value (other than sentimental) may be prohibitive. Hope to be proved wrong.

sorry to be doom and gloom.

You need a accident repair centre with a jig and the necessary pullers to straighten the car.

I’d get an estimate but I think the costs v value (other than sentimental) may be prohibitive. Hope to be proved wrong.

sorry to be doom and gloom.

Thanks for the reply. Putting it on the jig will be the first thing I do. I’ve searched the parts I need and sourced them at a decent-ish price, considering I will be putting it back together. So fingers crossed. Will update soon as it’s back and stripped.

Reactions: abmat and RS3 S.
sorry to hear that but if you have to replace bumper keep me in mind for headlamp wash cover passenger side

Reactions: LangChop
sorry to hear that but if you have to replace bumper keep me in mind for headlamp wash cover passenger side

I’m hoping to get it back in a week or so but if you haven’t found one I’ll whip it off mate

So... got the car back last week. Got all the parts to sort out the front end. But was wondering if anyone knows why my vcds won’t read the car. I’ve not repaired nothing yet apart from the cut out fuse on the battery. Was hoping I could get a list of faults read before I start anything.
Thanks in adv

Glad to see this getting repaired, be a real shame to see it scrapped.

What version of vcds are you using?

Also the ignition needs to be on otherwise none of the modules will respond.

What version of vcds are you using?

Also the ignition needs to be on otherwise none of the modules will respond.

Im pretty sure it’s 20.4.2. At the minute glow plug, abs, parking, air bag and ESP lights flash 6 times pause flash 6 times and so on. I’ve only got them to flash since I put the new fuse in the battery. I’m gonna give the battery a full charge as I’m not sure it’s that.

Ahh ignition on. When I put the key in nothing happens but I will give that a go tomora now I’ve said that. Thanks for the help. No doubt there will be more help needed soon lol

Have you checked all the wiring around the damaged area to make sure there are no shorts, that would be my starting point. Once the harnesses are ok, replace any blown fuses. I’m sure some of them went pop in the accident.

Have you checked all the wiring around the damaged area to make sure there are no shorts, that would be my starting point. Once the harnesses are ok, replace any blown fuses. I’m sure some of them went pop in the accident.

The indicator/ headlight harness didn’t get crushed. I’ve stripped it but I will have another look and make sure nothing is shorting. Will report back tomora. Thanks for the help B5NUT much appreciated

Sorry poxy spell check. It did crush the harness and I have a new one to replace it

Just a quick update... I’ve stripped the front end of the car and got all parts in the boot. I’m half way through stripping the dash which is a absolute ball ache! But hoping I get that out by the weekend just a couple of screws which are not easy to get to and facing the wrong way but will get there

aad3c4786903b262795173ecfa0cb629.jpg

Dash out.

Reactions: daytonamart, Novica, B5NUT and 1 other person
While the dash is out I would be looking to get the windscreen replaced as you can easily see if it been fitted correctly with all the trim removed. Also check for leaks.

While the dash is out I would be looking to get the windscreen replaced as you can easily see if it been fitted correctly with all the trim removed. Also check for leaks.

windscreen looks cracked in multiple places in the pictures so assume that he would have to do that anyway. But that’s useful to know if I ever attempt this as my windscreen looks like it has been replaced in the past and not very neatly by the looks of it.

? It's that's why I talk about it. Looks like the airbags have cracked it either side, at least I hope it was the airbags! With all the interior trim removed you can hit it with a pressure washer and make sure it all sealed. Seen a couple of cars that haven been damaged by poorly fitted screens.

Reactions: Novica
Air bags cracked windscreen and not our faces thank god. Windscreen has no leaks even with the cracks. But on the bright side the dash is now in. Pics to follow

Absolutely fair play to you for tackling this, looks like loads of work.

Right just a quick question... me battery is disconnected so if I plug in passenger dash air bag and steering wheel air bag and then put negative back on battery and reset with vag com. They won’t go off will they? Lol

So long as the battery is disconnected for ~30 minutes before hand, they are connected properly and there is no damage to the loom etc you should be good.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

So long as the battery is disconnected for ~30 minutes before hand, they are connected properly and there is no damage to the loom etc you should be good.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks mate battery has been disconnected for days. I will get them all plugged in when I get a chance

Right. I was just about to put the passenger air bag in that came with the new dash. It’s exactly the same plug etc but it’s says B7... my one says C6 obviously part numbers are the same apart from the letter at the end of the new airbag is is C and the one that was on mine is F. Does anyone think that this shouldn’t be a problem before I put it in?
Thanks in adv

All done. Plugs in perfect. Not connected battery yet but thinking I will connect airbags after the front end is repaired. Will update soon

Reactions: CupraDine
b46fbee8ff02a771609f6da7c8aaa3ee.jpg

Dash in and going to body shop in a week

Reactions: daytonamart and Sandra
You sir, deserve a medal! I hope this car repays you with plenty more years of motoring.

You sir, deserve a medal! I hope this car repays you with plenty more years of motoring.

First time I’ve done a dash and it was pretty simple. Only problem that was a pain is getting them vents out. Can’t wait to enjoy her again. Plenty of road trips coming. Soon as she’s out of the body shop there will be more pics.

Reactions: daytonamart
Cars gone to the shop to sort that front quarter only thing is... does anyone know if the front suspension leg from 2.0 and 3.2 are the same as I can only find them mainly for 2.0 engines?
Thanks in adv

Reactions: daytonamart