Not another Nogaro!!!

Would be pretty ace to be able to do that!

Might be able to be pulled off a TT 3.2 ? hmmm

This has been annoying me for a while.

I’ve not been able to fit the strut brace due to the TB being bigger than the 2.8 and fouling.

Here the mk4 manifold clocks it so the big part of the TB is parallel with the firewall. It fouls.
FB28D739 9D0B 4E42 A05A DDB8E493B806

Got M6 inserts and JB Weld
9AF175CC 331A 4CB1 AFF3 32EA565422A2

Inserts placed into the tapered holes. The knurled surface helps to “grab” & the JB Weld ... welds. Made sure to get these as perpendicular with each other as possible.
01B2C2C0 9692 4CE6 AFA1 FE3B6261A9E3

You can see now it’s clocked at 45deg
8F094429 59FC 40D7 9A7C 8B1E09BE86B5

Before - no brace because it used to foul on the part just above the plug. You can see how high it sits.
BAF153CE A375 451D B054 9E29ACDD3F3E

After. Clocked and brace now has clearance.
212F2C67 179C 451B 987D 9DF3235DF358
D979CAB4 FB7A 478B 8B24 0C5302FD82BF

Reactions: hydro s3, SHUk and Tj 0785
Couple little things needed to be done
- a random squeal would occur, cold starts and when turning on the a/c or heating
26239B6B 6AE0 4001 94AD 29144B02C7F4

- and in an effort to sort out drone. Picked up this setup - super turbo style muffler. The muffler is massive in comparison to what I’ve got in there at the moment.
C73AA4F1 D311 42F6 929C 736EC8852598
787BCD3F 47C0 4A5B 9935 87AA171DA33C

The brand is "Lukey" but if you look for ones that are chambered and filled with packing material that will help. I'm no exhaust expert but this is what i read - This style of muffler is a "turbo muffler" where the exhaust are directed in an "S" shape to faster exit (hence the "turbo" name) VS. chambered where there's a resonator chamber inside which is quieter again.

I was going to fit my OEM muffler setup but it is WAY too quiet - this engine doesn't deserve to be quiet :yahoo:

My plan is to cut the driver's side exhaust tip off and dump it pointing down so i can keep OEM looks BUT down the track i would like to valve this side to be able to have a loud mode and a not so lout mode.

... when I learn to weld ;)

Reactions: hydro s3 and superkarl
Sound clip ... while moving into the garage.

Best thing about it is the crazy drone from this setup
C04723E2 89B4 4F16 961A AEA15425AD13
F1FE92A2 55EA 440A B2E5 9747D46B207E

Is gone !!!

Reactions: hydro s3
51994B60 B7E0 402E 932A CAB07CE49A14

It’s much shorter now.
Much, much shorter that the fab guy commented how it was a little bit of a pain haha

... but I can see where I’d put a valve in to bypass the muffler!

Reactions: ToughlilT
The next chapter starts then you got your work cutout with that project

Bigger than the VR6 3.2?! Oooooo exciting :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta be the r36 engine you been building? does this mean I’m going to have to venture into the tt section now

Gotta be the r36 engine you been building? does this mean I’m going to have to venture into the tt section now
I doubt it... its not massively busy there... TT'ists are generally all on TTOC...

<tuffty/>

Or mumsnet ha
ROFL. See you on mumsnet

lolz... shame we didn't get the newer TT in a 3.2 over here... its a pretty decent chassis

<tuffty/>
I’m sure it can be done but the main thing is the newer 3.2’s 3.6’s are FSI the engine in Noggie and your one is MPI so there are wiring hurdles there and then the whole can bus network. The later the car the more can bussy they become = more wiring to figure out!!!

lolz... shame we didn't get the newer TT in a 3.2 over here... its a pretty decent chassis

<tuffty/>

When you say newer... do you mean the MK2 TT? Because you can get the VR6 3.2 in the MK2 here mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROFL. See you on mumsnet

I’m sure it can be done but the main thing is the newer 3.2’s 3.6’s are FSI the engine in Noggie and your one is MPI so there are wiring hurdles there and then the whole can bus network. The later the car the more can bussy they become = more wiring to figure out!!!
Il be logging in to keep up to date with this it’s going to be some project to see come together

Yeah... this is what I meant...

<tuffty/>

Haha

Yeah the chassis is well developed (pretty light) and lower centre of gravity and with that wider track the handling out the box is much better.

Well then ...

after much headaches with engineering & “legalising” the 3.2 setup... I found this

ED3A3EF1 FF36 4110 897F 704E4B8EBD1E

and we are going back to the OG setup
:icon thumright:

Reactions: killfame and ToughlilT
Back to 1.8t? I thought your next project was the tt swap how did that go

That is on pause right now - but just to update, so far i have converted the rear end of the FWD 8J to have all the Haldex and diff in, the wiring is all done too. When i insert the fuse for the Haldex the car puts our the ABS error has i haven't yet installed the rest of the components it needs for it to work properly.

The rest is the front end to be converted over - i.e. the 3.6 and 3 brackets needs welding in for the propshaft mounting. In the middle of all of that i've retrofitted a billion things to that car too which has given me much a bigger understanding on the BCM and CAN system. Basically OEM expandability is REALLY good on that platform!

Is this s3 the one you had at the same time asthe nogaro one or a new one, do you have a build thread for the tt’s

No this is a TT. The engine is strong (after having to sort out a fuel pump fuse blowing issue) so i was happy with it's performance and mileage to be able to swap it into Noggie.

Of course there's a build thread- FrankensTTein 3.6 Project, my main challenge is that 1 - lots of he said she said regarding conversion of FWD to AWD without people actually knowing, what they're talking about and of course not much information surround the 3.6 conversion - however i have that all mapped out already on paper SO *fingers crossed* that part goes relatively well! haha

We will see

Engine’s out of the TT and previous to that pulled the engine out of an R32 to put into the TT to make a 3.2 manual droptop.

As far as I know we don’t have them here really. Only in DSG for some silly reason
65A48AE2 805C 4614 9FD8 EA1A78D7000C
IMG 6481

IMG 6485

Last edited:
Reactions: hydro s3
3.2 is running and just have to swap over some power steering and coolant lines then ready to button up for some testing.

Loud with no exhaust huh ;)

GG ('good game' for the non gamers out there) buddy :D

<tuffty/>

Thanks!

Just a little truck like with no exhaust!

hahaha didn’t want it running for too long otherwise I’d annoy too many people - already had to have the compressor turning on and off to grind more off of the intercooler bracket for the AC pulley - didn’t grind enough off the first time so the bit that sticks out most was fouling when I turned it by hand :(

Yes in this case it is definitely the more the merrier!!!

so. Lesson learnt.