Not happy

Stronic

Reaction score
Had a lovely pub lunch today with the wife,returned to my two month old pride and joy and look what I found! :(

I do despair of people nowadays. Of course such things can happen but to drive away .....

I take it that's the front bumper? Hopefully easily repaired if the wing was not hit too......its a hateful world we live in sometimes.

ouch, that is some scrape. Totally strangle the idiot because no way they didn't notice it happening no matter what they say (but they'll never be caught anyway :( ) unless you're lucky enough to get CCTV??

That's utterly disgusting

I once went to meadowhall and came back to my bumper hanging off my seat ibiza, was not happy whatsoever

That sucks.

Is that light blue paint on the car part of yours or is it their paint which has rubbed off onto yours? If it's their paint, a light blue car isn't too common so as long as there is CCTV close by near the pub then the police be able to see any light blue car, get the reg, do a visit to the owners property and see if there is any matching damage or recently fixed damage.

Fingers crossed they'll get done for hit and run.

These people are unbelievable aren't they! Some people have no driving skills and should be taken off the road. Feel so sorry for you. The carelessness is staggering, just plough backwards and swing the wheel to turn without looking where they are going.

My sister has a 14 reg Audi All Road and I was looking at the damage on it today. It's been damaged in exactly the same place by some careless sod in a car park.

Last edited:
Hopefully they did more damage to their piece of sh!t car, feel for you mate

That is disgusting, i can't imagine my feeling if i saw this happening to my s3.. I'd Probably cry. I hope you get it sorted and you can move on.

Exactly the same thing happened to me in June. ****ing ****ers...

Happened at a hotel and they couldn't have been any less helpful (Park Inn Radisson in Telford if you want to avoid them)

Never caught them and I stood the bill because wasn't worth claiming on the insurance due to the £500 excess.

Accidents happen, but to just drive away is utterly disgraceful. I would have reported it to the police. Hope you get it fixed quickly and its looking new again.

It's sad these days, so little respect for other people's property, ie in car parks, people opening their door as far it can open dinging the car door next to them with little care what they did at all.

Absolutely disgusting. I'd be sick to the bone.

Hopefully there's some CCTV or retribution of some description.

Alternatively, go looking for a white car that has traded paint!

Accidents happen, but to just drive away is utterly disgraceful. I would have reported it to the police. Hope you get it fixed quickly and its looking new again.

I did report it to the police but they wouldn't do anything without a vehicle registration. The hotel refused to provide CCTV footage and the police refused to seize it from them...

I did report it to the police but they wouldn't do anything without a vehicle registration. The hotel refused to provide CCTV footage and the police refused to seize it from them...

That's even more sickening. Why do people not want to help others?

Conspiracy warning: maybe it was the hotel owner and now it's being covered up?

Oh dear. Hope you get that sorted quickly. Some real ********* out there.

Had that happen to me over the years on 3 occasions now. Once in a pub car park, another in a multi storey and in a Tesco car park. Had CCTV on the Tesco incident, but footage was so bad you couldn't read the number plate! Utterly ****** me off and you have my total sympathies. I saw some woman clonk a car in Waitrose car park last year - she then drives off and parks in a side street nearby. I got her reg no and took a quick picture on my phone of her standing looking at the damage, with her car in the foreground. Pretty hard to dispute with that kind of evidence! I wrote the owner a note with my mobile no. on it - really pleased when I was able to help out with that.

Tip - if YOU hit another car and leave a note - which is obviously the decent thing to do - make sure you take pictures and get a witness to leaving the note. Friend of mine dinged a parked car, left a note and then found himself on the end of bogus claim for a lot more than a scuff along a door. Almost went to court that one as the bloke was claiming for four grand of damage, when in fact it was just a light scuff that would probably have polished out. Just shows there's plenty of dishonest people out ...

I live in perpetual fear of this kind of thing and always park as far away from everyone else as I can.

What baffles me is, with all the technology and assistance systems and cameras you can get on new cars these days, including Audis, why is there not a "Surveillance" option. They could easily put front and rear facing cameras in the wing mirrors which watch the sides of the car and the surrounding area while the car is parked and record the images to a hard drive for evidence in cases such as these. I know I'd pay for an option like that!

Reactions: Martinbanshee, cemerson, JohnM100 and 2 others
This is where you could use the Data Protection Act to help you.

"You have the right to see CCTV images of you and to ask for a copy of them. The organisation must provide them within 40 calendar days of your request, and you may be asked to pay a fee of up to £10 (this is the maximum charge, set by Parliament). This is called a Subject Access Request. You will need to provide details to help the operator to establish your identity as the person in the pictures, and to help them find the images on their system."

CCTV and the Data Protection Act - ICO

Reactions: CCWS3
Landlady rang me this evening to say that CCTV didn't show anything and suggested that it happened elsewhere. As you can see from the picture the tyre marks line up with the rear bumper damage,even more pee'd off now. Just got to decide if I pay£300 excess or sort it privately.

Sorry to hear Stronic. Threads like this make me angry and I really feel for you and having had mine vandalised, I know how you feel.

Your pride and joy is still new so make sure they do a prefect job repairing it, or it will grate every time to see it.

John.

I'd sort it out privately to be honest.

Not worth losing your NCB or forking out on your excess - best to take the hit for the long run IMO. I'd only claim if it was something serious.

You been quoted repair costs by Audi?

How can someone do that sort of damage and drive off i'll never know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makes my blood boil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen countless brainless/couldn't care less morons getting out of cars in car parks, hitting other cars with their doors, the ones that can't park scare me you can spot em a mile off.

Then there is the mum and kids scenario you see em all the time, more interested in the kids than whats going on around them on the road.

Also the amount of drivers i see passing looking down at their phone is scary, in my opinion they should introduce a driving ban for anyone caught using a ****** phone at the wheel.

I feel the penalties for driving away after damaging someone's car are so small that people don't care. If the penalty was points and a large fine I think people would own up more.

Landlady rang me this evening to say that CCTV didn't show anything and suggested that it happened elsewhere. As you can see from the picture the tyre marks line up with the rear bumper damage,even more pee'd off now. Just got to decide if I pay£300 excess or sort it privately.

Sounds like she just couldn't be ***** to check the CCTV properly. Sounds like it clearly happened there.

I live in perpetual fear of this kind of thing and always park as far away from everyone else as I can.

What baffles me is, with all the technology and assistance systems and cameras you can get on new cars these days, including Audis, why is there not a "Surveillance" option. They could easily put front and rear facing cameras in the wing mirrors which watch the sides of the car and the surrounding area while the car is parked and record the images to a hard drive for evidence in cases such as these. I know I'd pay for an option like that!

I'm amazed this isn't an option on cars yet too. I have my dashcams but built in ones would be better.

Reactions: pat15312
Heart breaking to discover that sort of damage, had it happen twice myself.

Don't accept her word for it. Ask to view it yourself.

Either she can't be ***** to look or she has and it's one of her mates that did it.