Not much happening on this forum.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
There never seems to be much happening on this forum, I'm a mk1 owner and very surprised at the lack of activity here. :shrug:
Are you all on another TT forum by some chance, if so, why?

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Frizzley and Sandra
Maybe some of you lot over on another forum can spend a bit of time here , please, ASN is such a great place .

Reactions: Sandra
There never seems to be much happening on this forum, I'm a mk1 owner and very surprised at the lack of activity here. :shrug:

used to spend a lot of time on ASN mainly reading stuff until I got my TTRS and then moved to the TT Forum purely as a direct result of the lack of activity on here.

There’s definitely a lot of info on there but personally found it a bit cliquey and so as I got my S5 I was really glad I could come back here as I enjoy the banter, member’s willingness to share advice especially across different models and generally find the whole environment a nicer place to be part of .

Reactions: Sandra, Audi Bairn, NevMan and 1 other person
I can't be dealing with all this cliquey stuff to be honest, ownership should be a fun and enjoyable activity and forums should be the same, good reliable help and good banter too, it makes a more enjoyable experience and ownership.
Well that's my view and I'm sticking to it..lol
I'll get things moving if it takes as long as it takes. :yahoo:

Reactions: Audi Bairn, NevMan and Frizzley
I used to post on ASN quite frequently when I had my S3. It was (is) quite an active S3 section.

When I ordered my TTS it was suggested to me that the TT/TTS/TTRS section was all but dead with very little activity in comparison to the S3 section. That was correct, and apart from the odd post I migrated to the TT Forum, apart from very occasionally looking in here.

However prompted by this thread, it seems opportune to mention that I'm changing the TTS after 3.5 years. TTRS ordered earlier this week. Anticipated delivery, not yet confirmed, March 2022.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
just bought a TTS nothing happening here almost less than nothing can't work out the order the posts are in everything is 4-10 years old

If you're looking for activity, I'm in the market for a ttrs and any help finding one would be highly appreciated. I've read all the buyers guides etc but would feel better if I could send some adverts if anyone is interested in helping me source one?

I have had my TTS for 5 months now its taken me awhile to gel with the car but still there are things l don't like... road noise is a constant but gets worse on some rougher surfaces even worse when driving in heavy rain...talking of rain every time it's rained l open the rear hatch it gets flooded by standing water from the roof area/hatch
Also having to rely solely to on the virtual cockpit for info can be distracting,plus you can't set the aircon to the screen and dash vents simultaneously

Reactions: Charlie Farley
just bought a TTS nothing happening here almost less than nothing can't work out the order the posts are in everything is 4-10 years old
That is because they have all jumped ship to another forum, no names but you know who I mean.
Sadly a TT dedicated site is more attractive than the worlds best audi forum Audi-sport.net for some reason...I'm trying to get some interest back but seems like a lost cause sometimes.

Maybe we need something that little bit special to win them all back :yes:

• Love
Reactions: 45bvtc and NevMan
If you're looking for activity, I'm in the market for a ttrs and any help finding one would be highly appreciated. I've read all the buyers guides etc but would feel better if I could send some adverts if anyone is interested in helping me source one?
before you buy a TTRS you need to check insurance rates and what security is fitted or available or you won't have it long some insurance companies insist on two extra alarm systems and not cheap ones all the RS models are targets and the police will not help, great cars but way too easy to purloin

I have had my TTS for 5 months now its taken me awhile to gel with the car but still there are things l don't like... road noise is a constant but gets worse on some rougher surfaces even worse when driving in heavy rain...talking of rain every time it's rained l open the rear hatch it gets flooded by standing water from the roof area/hatch
Also having to rely solely to on the virtual cockpit for info can be distracting,plus you can't set the aircon to the screen and dash vents simultaneously

Had our TT roadster for 10-years now Jassy and still love it. Nothing has gone wrong, period. Rides beautifully. Quick enough and fast enough when paddle-shifting. Handling just superb!
Just changed brake discs, wheels and tyres if only for something to do - taking my mind off things as Sandra well knows. Maybe you need to step back from the 'new' stuff - for sure less can be more and quite often is :racer:

Reactions: Sandra, Charlie Farley and Jassyo06
I've allways maintained older cars can be a more enjoyable experience in many ways, it's not always about having a brand spanking new model, they are nice for what they are as they are new and full of tech but then so are older models.
I find new cars very boring to be honest, well 90% of them, all the same, angular boxes with no real style.
Maybe it's an oldie thing..lol, but hey works for me. :yahoo:

• Love
Reactions: Jassyo06, 45bvtc and Sandra
My little old mk1 180 is such a great car, maybe getting on in years now but it goes so well.
It's in great condition and doesn't cost the earth to run, well from an insurance etc point of view..lol
yes, it has a few glitches now and again but it's the best Sub £1k audi I've had. :yahoo: maximum grin factor every drive.:yes:

• Love
Reactions: Jassyo06, 45bvtc and Sandra
Hi.
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Reactions: Hartosh1
I used to post on ASN quite frequently when I had my S3. It was (is) quite an active S3 section.

When I ordered my TTS it was suggested to me that the TT/TTS/TTRS section was all but dead with very little activity in comparison to the S3 section. That was correct, and apart from the odd post I migrated to the TT Forum, apart from very occasionally looking in here.

However prompted by this thread, it seems opportune to mention that I'm changing the TTS after 3.5 years. TTRS ordered earlier this week. Anticipated delivery, not yet confirmed, March 2022.
So, just a quick update - two months after placing the order, which has been accepted by Audi UK, Audi gmbH are as yet unable to give me any indication of build week

TT, TTS and TTRS are made in Hungary which is in a bit of a mess at the moment

So, just a quick update - two months after placing the order, which has been accepted by Audi UK, Audi gmbH are as yet unable to give me any indication of build week
It's the same for everyone that's ordered a car in the last few month's yeah you get the Audi email saying we've received your order but it maybe delayed due the global chip shortages so your not alone which TTRS model have you gone for

It's the same for everyone that's ordered a car in the last few month's yeah you get the Audi email saying we've received your order but it maybe delayed due the global chip shortages so your not alone which TTRS model have you gone for
Sport Edition along with special paint job...

I've been told that (almost) regardless of Model, the RS's are being batched together, and then within the Models the special paint orders are sub-batched together- if that makes sense.

I'm off to the dealer tomorrow for something else, so I'll see if there are any updates (haha) ;)

Sport Edition along with special paint job...

I've been told that (almost) regardless of Model, the RS's are being batched together, and then within the Models the special paint orders are sub-batched together- if that makes sense.

I'm off to the dealer tomorrow for something else, so I'll see if there are any updates (haha) ;)
I ordered my RS3 8Y Vorsprung Saloon a month ago for an exclusive paint colour it's a 10/12 month wait standard colours 7 month wait so a standard colour for myself l also was told the exact same time scale for a exclusive paint colour back in January when l ordered my Vorsprung TTS

So, a quick update...

Whilst Audi are still not able to give me a build week, or indeed tell me when they might be able to give me a build week, 13.5 weeks after placing the order I've been told by my Dealer they have just been told all the Special Order cars will be built before 1st July 2022. I'm assuming this ensures they're out of the system before any MY23 changes come in.

Reactions: Jcbmally
Should really just add a quick update here.....
I've learned in the last couple of weeks that the build week for my car has been scheduled as week 36.
It was week 36/2021 that I ordered the car.....