Not My Week!

AY4

Reaction score
Hi. I love my little car, but this week, it's making me go grrrr! Lots of threads regarding car won't start/flat batteries etc. but no one seems to mention warning lights or lack of warning lights. Tried to start the car this morning, battery totally flat ( just clicks)...got a bump start from the guys at work drove home with no warning lights at all, just tried to start again...dead!! Used the dashboard " check" button and everything checks out ok. The only thing that I have done to the car recently was that the day before yesterday I had 4 new ignition coils fitted. Alternator belt is not showing excessive wear either. I will try and get a voltmeter on it...but does anyone have any ideas. If I need a new battery, that's okay as I consider it a consumable. If it's anything more sinister......

Has your battery got one of those viewing windows in the top ? if it has it should be green inside it, if it's black your battery's toasted

All sorted. 'Twas the battery. Original one from 8 years ago only accepting 0.3 of an amp charge. I love my car again!!

Reactions: WOLF and chatty72