Not sure what to do?

harley141213

Reaction score
Had my A4 dynamik since last September and love the car. My dilemma comes from the fact I’ve no found myself out of work. I was on the books with a civil firm, doing mainly new build plots and some groundwork’s. My position was made intolerable, and I had been forced to use the car since starting back in the new year. Anyone who doesn’t know building sites, they are very wet and muddy at this time of year. My car was getting extremely dirty which I wasn’t happy with. Bottom line I left because of it.
Problem now comes in that nowhere that pays on the books is paying anywhere near what I was on. The only way to get close is to go sub contracting. This means I have to register with HMRC as a sole trader , but I don’t really want to be self employed.
The self employed are expecting to get properly stiffed by the chancellor in Wednesdays budget and I have applied for loads of other jobs that are on the books.

then comes the question do I buy a small van? Most stuff that’s either 1000-1500 that’s tidy has done several trips to the moon and if buying a van it’s got to be reliable.

do I sell the car to fund a van and buy a cheaper car? Dynamics hold a good price. But the market is limited so I could be waiting a long time to sell.

I don’t want to burden myself with a loan as I’m due to change the mortgage later this month,

if only life was simple

Got another job 2 days later. A lot cleaner site so car nowhere near as dirty. Don’t need a van now just yet. My commute is only 11 miles each way which is very doable

Got another job 2 days later. A lot cleaner site so car nowhere near as dirty. Don’t need a van now just yet. My commute is only 11 miles each way which is very doable

Fingers crossed it doesn't rain.