Not the best publicity in the world

Definitely. You shouldn't be able to kill 2 people and not escape a jail sentence!

The starting point for an offence of causing death by dangerous driving is 8 years. This particular incident is likely to fall into a higher category than that if they were indeed racing. The sentencing range is between 7 and 14 years. It will be increased as it involves multiple fatalities. The final length of sentence will very much depend on when (if) they plead guilty or are found guilty.

The starting point for an offence of causing death by dangerous driving is 8 years. This particular incident is likely to fall into a higher category than that if they were indeed racing. The sentencing range is between 7 and 14 years. It will be increased as it involves multiple fatalities. The final length of sentence will very much depend on when (if) they plead guilty or are found guilty.

Wow - I hope your not sitting on the jury at the trial (if) it goes to court.

Sometimes the most open and shut cases from what's printed in the media lead to no charges. We were not there so would have thought its not a good idea to speculate any further.

Anyone else wondering if these Audi drivers are members of this forum?

A lot of the discussion here revolves around having a fast Audi and making them faster. I realise that is what an enthusiast website like this one is about. But why do we really need such fast road cars?

Last edited:
Thank goodness the price on an Audi is way outside the price range of boy racers, $65k for an S3 SB vs just under $40k for a WRX which was the weapon of choice for boy racers.

New ones maybe but unfortunately the early 8Ps are now dirt-cheap and I seem them completely chavved up all the time around here.

Wow - I hope your not sitting on the jury at the trial (if) it goes to court.

Sometimes the most open and shut cases from what's printed in the media lead to no charges. We were not there so would have thought its not a good idea to speculate any further.

I won't be on a jury - I am a criminal barrister and sadly I've dealt with similar cases. I agree we should not speculate as we know little about this tragedy. I was replying to the question raised in the post before mine.

Saw a 58 plate S3 on a forecourt today for £14k. Not that old and cheap for the performance on offer I guess....

I won't be on a jury - I am a criminal barrister and sadly I've dealt with similar cases. I agree we should not speculate as we know little about this tragedy. I was replying to the question raised in the post before mine.
Fair enough.

Anyone else wondering if these Audi drivers are members of this forum?

A lot of the discussion here revolves around having a fast Audi and making them faster. I realise that is what an enthusiast website like this one is about. But why do we really need such fast road cars?

Yer I though that to be fair, but were all sensible on here

Longy

I am sorry that your interpretation of my post made you angry. Ultimately I think we are saying the same thing but in different ways (as I did state that if they wanted to race, it should be on a track) though yours being less open to any misinterpretation of intention than mine

John.

Sorry John, not your post, stories about stupid people doing stupid things on public roads, harming innocent people going about the daily business, that was what I was referring too, nothing directed at you what so ever.

Can this thread not be moved to General Chat or something?

Reactions: JohnM100 and Pulp84

Really.......the guy that caused the death of my best friend and put me in ICU for 2 weeks walked away away with 3 year ban, £400 fine and this is the one that made me laugh 280 hours community service. He was actually driving the car like a maniac that we were in and refused to stop on several occassions........he walked away without a scratch on him and tried to lie to the Police saying he swerved to avoid animals on the road......Wheres the justice in that????? Apparently he turned to god in his hours of community service to repent.......not seen him since.

Really.......the guy that caused the death of my best friend and put me in ICU for 2 weeks walked away away with 3 year ban, £400 fine and this is the one that made me laugh 280 hours community service. He was actually driving the car like a maniac that we were in and refused to stop on several occassions........he walked away without a scratch on him and tried to lie to the Police saying he swerved to avoid animals on the road......Wheres the justice in that????? Apparently he turned to god in his hours of community service to repent.......not seen him since.

Sorry to hear that. I assume that must have been a while ago as the sentencing regime for fatal road offences has toughened up considerably recently. Was this in Scotland? Was this careless driving as opposed to death by dangerous driving? I ask because a different sentencing regime would apply. Nowadays in England and Wales there are sentencing guidelines which cover such offences.

Made the front page of the Metro this morning. What a tragic set of circumstances :(

esubysu9.jpg

The 27 y/old driver has been named and charged with death by dangerous driving

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...-news/man-charged-after-crash-claimed-7314326

Last edited:
The convicted appears to be a signed up member on here (last activity 2004), but with 0 posts. Thankfully if the justice system does it's job it should stay that way.

Not sure why they've left him unnamed, but maybe they can't name him until he's got out of hospital and been through due process????

That poor 22 year old girl had a 3 year old son.

I feel sick.

Reactions: warren_S5
It's not because they owned Audi's, but there are constantly comments on here about racing other cars and it happens whatever you have from Mini's through to Ferrari's. There is only one place to race, and as some one on this topic has already mentioned, it's a race track. where every one is going the same way.

I do wonder, had it been 2 BMWs or 2 Porsches, would we be discussing this subject as strongly?

RIP to the couple in the Corsa, and no sentence given to the convicted will make up for the loss to those families.

We all put our foot down occasionally, but there's a time and place for certain types of driving, and there's only so much a car can do beyond what a driver expects of it.

Drive safely people.

Reactions: Pulp84, Nilz, Louay and 2 others