Now playing the 'impatient' waiting game

lloydie1994

Reaction score
Hi all, Im James,
Monday i placed my order for a Glacier White Audi A3 2014 with a few options.
Been given a March Delivery date, truth be told i really cant wait.
Cant come sooner.

Lovely choice James, the build date may creep forward a little as they seem to be at the moment. I spent a lot of the time in the pics thread while I waited but to be honest it was torture! Worth the wait though :D

Ive pretty much spent that last 45 minutes looking at pics, so glad i chose glacier, although i like black, i dislike amalfi quite a lot.

Great choice ! Don't worry I've waited since mid June.. The first month and last month are the worst ! But you'll pick up a lot of tips etc for handover day :)

Yeah read about handover, already had full tank and umbrella agreed lol, will certainly push for all the ami cables and do the mats come as standard with the s line and do they have the s line logo on?

I have just asked the question in the handover day thread about 2 minutes before I read your comment as I haven't a clue ! Or I'll be pestering the dealer for some haha

Lovely choice James, the build date may creep forward a little as they seem to be at the moment. I spent a lot of the time in the pics thread while I waited but to be honest it was torture! Worth the wait though :D

I notice that you have daytona grey, the most lovely color in my eyes. However, I did chose monsune grey in the end as I otherwise have to spend 3-4 $ times more (in Sweden), is the situation pricewise in the UK between the Monsune and the Daytona?

Thanks. Interesting, in Sweden only the daytona is S-line colour. I thought here was actually a quality difference between the two, but then likely not.

Its the same in the uk the daytona is only available on s line models, but the price is the same for optional and the daytona colours.

Hi I manage to jump on a dealer ordered car and then changed the spec in November last year. I have just been told that the car will be available this Saturday 08-03-14 ( 15wks wait). I to have been struggling with the waiting time, god nows what it would have been like if I had to wait 26+ wks

It looks like mine is going to be one of the quickest I've had from Audi.

5 weeks from Order to Build + allow another 3 weeks from factory to dealer - total 8 weeks.

My last A3 back in March 2012 took a total of 20 weeks.

^ I suspect you jumped on a dealer ordered car (ordered back in Dec) and they were able to modify the spec?

The order sheet will show the original Order Date

^ I suspect you jumped on a dealer ordered car (ordered back in Dec) and they were able to modify the spec?

The order sheet will show the original Order Date

It's possible. The Vehicle Detail sheet that I have a copy of giving the full details of my car was printed out at the same time as I placed the order with the dealer which was 10 February. That also has the same date at the top of the sheet. The only other date on the form is Acce.Date: 11/12/2013. Perhaps it's related to that date. I will have to ask next time I at the dealers.