Now that it's raining .....

glospete

Reaction score
Am I the only one who is becoming increasingly
IMG 1268
annoyed by the fact that after it's been raining, when you open the SB hatch or the rear passenger door the raindrops fall into the car. I can live with the boot but the raindrops are beginning to mark the leather on the black seats. I cannot believe that these things are not picked up in the countless miles of testing in all conditions.

Any suggestions as to how to remove the water marks on the seat. Bizarrely it doesn't seem to happen on the offside rear seat :confused:

Tried leather cleaner? If that doesn't work it's certainly a concern.
Btw, I'm sick of the rain too, haven't been able to have a proper play in the car since I collected it.

Am I the only one who is becoming increasingly View attachment 44370 annoyed by the fact that after it's been raining, when you open the SB hatch or the rear passenger door the raindrops fall into the car. I can live with the boot but the raindrops are beginning to mark the leather on the black seats. I cannot believe that these things are not picked up in the countless miles of testing in all conditions.

Any suggestions as to how to remove the water marks on the seat. Bizarrely it doesn't seem to happen on the offside rear seat :confused:
Same happened to me! but as Martin suggested leather cleaner worked for me to get the marks off!! Annoying is an understatement!!! Weather has been horrific last few days!!

Glad too see someone knows what these marks are. I have quite an infestation of this on my rear seats! Tried apc and couldnt shift it

They still haven't sorted this?? The 8P was notorious for this. You'd have the window open slightly, go round a corner and you get a free shower.... This is why lots of people went for Wind Deflectors (Noisy things).

Btw, I'm sick of the rain too, haven't been able to have a proper play in the car since I collected it.

What are you talking about, this is absolutely the best weather to be going sideways around a roundabout in a S3 !!!

They still haven't sorted this?? The 8P was notorious for this. You'd have the window open slightly, go round a corner and you get a free shower.... This is why lots of people went for Wind Deflectors (Noisy things).

Yup, the morning shower feature has been carried over from the 8P. The problems is not so much the engineering, but the styling department, they won't have anything as hideous as rain channels on the roof polluting their precious lines and cues ;)

What are you talking about, this is absolutely the best weather to be going sideways around a roundabout

Haha, I know. I'm still in the 'honeymoon' period and don't want to get it too dirty and with the horizontal rain we've had it soaks the interior in seconds.
Dry tomorrow though

It's a 'feature' of gutterless roofs, all cars I've owned which this have done it. Never once had any stains though leather should protect itself...