Number Plate Light Flicker When Engine Is Running

Methu

Reaction score
Ok guys so I bought some LED festoons for my a4 b8 2011 around 3 months ago from CrazyLEDs, and they seemed to be working well. But yesterday, while one of my mates was driving behind me, he told me that the far side bulb was flickering. So I checked and was confused because when I unlocked the car, the welcome lights come on and the leds didn't flicker. The bulbs flickers only when the engine is running. Does anyone know why this happens or what could be the problem? Thanks in advance :)

Lad I know had the same issue with his golf. New bulb fitted problem solved.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Reactions: GAS MONKEY
mz_6351902_bodyshot_300x400-28_1.gif
[/URL][/IMG] Ether bulb is loose or bulb defective on its way out bad earth , list goes on , try swapping the bulbs round see what happens ,
someone else will come up with an answer if not

Last edited:
Why not fit genuine units and not have any issues?

Reactions: GAS MONKEY and t8ups
@Darren92 yh realised that now tbh and am thinking of replacing them with the led units that t8ups sells, but just trying to salvage the last of the leds that i have now.

The thing is that those leds i bought from crazyleds were a replacement for the another set of leds i had purchased previously which also had the same problem of flickering. So i was just wondering if all the led's that are cheap are just bad or if the problem is with the loom or something? Like i mentioned, the leds work fine when the lights are turned on when the engine is off, but flicker when the engine is running.

Whilst engine running could be due to the charge off the alternator? Or vibration?

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk