number plate surrounds

tonksie

Reaction score
Just purchased some number plate surrounds for my a4 avant and wondered if anyone had some suggestions on the best way to go about fitting them to my car cheers

Depending on how the plates fix to the surrounds, there's a few ways, I've fitted them in the past, ended up only putting a surround on the rear as the moulded plate fixing point on the front bumper was to small for the surrounds I had.
On the rear, I initially used sticky pads to fit the surround then fitted the plate Grrrr over a pot hole ****** thing fell off lol.
So the best way is to fix the surround using a screw fixing kit, worked for me. hope this helps.

Post a link of your purchase, might get a better idea.

Mac

So the best way is to fix the surround using a screw fixing kit, worked for me. hope this helps.

Hi Mac, I've fitted these to my 2013 A4 Avant and 2011 A1, using self tapping screws at the front quite successfully but at the rear on both cars I've used the existing/original two screw fitting method which aligns perfectly with vertical slots in the plastic frame. The problem is they can easily move up and down and aren't secured near the edges so seem a bit flappy, but I'm somewhat reluctant to drill self tappers into the metal skin of the boot lid.

When you mention a screw fixing kit, what exactly are you referring to?

Has anyone else encountered this and how did you overcome it?

Holy thread revival!

Think you might be a bit late unfortunately.

I just drill mine for front and rear with self tapping screws, already god knows how many other holes around where I drilled so I'm pretty sure we're safe if your concerned about hitting something.