Number plates

BenB

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have just purchased a Nardo Grey Sportback RS3. I am looking to replace the number plates. I currently have screw number plates but not sure whether to go screw or stick on. What do you guys do?

Thank you

Stick on. Sticky pads are £2.99 from Halfords and work very well.

Sticky on all the way look much better and clean ..

I also love the domed legal plates too, I buy all my plates from demonplates (was a guy on pistonheads originally but his business grew!)

3AA14EFF 13D0 450E 8516 12694808116E

Reactions: NevMan and sve170
Thank you guys. I will look on demonplates.

Do the sticky plates easily replace the screw plate ?

Nice EU plates look cool. Not sure about all the union flag welsh dragon plates, not convinced ENG with a St. George’s Cross is legal. Stick on pads work well if properly cleaned first. Make sure plates are on straight.

Audi sport number plate holders make a nice addition to the car.

I went for the 4D plates as a change after having both Gel and pressed ali plates.

Nice EU plates look cool. Not sure about all the union flag welsh dragon plates, not convinced ENG with a St. George’s Cross is legal. Stick on pads work well if properly cleaned first. Make sure plates are on straight.

Apparently the countries that make up the UK are legal to go on the Euro style plates. If you have anything other than GB you'll still need a GB sticker though. Link for info...

GOV.UK

Apparently the countries that make up the UK are legal to go on the Euro style plates. If you have anything other than GB you'll still need a GB sticker though. Link for info...

GOV.UK
As I spend lots of time in the EU for work and pleasure I’m sticking with the GB and EU stars. Why bother with the tacky looking other stuff if you still need a GB sticker, seems totally pointless. I understand some (probably c30% now) will not want the EU plates, if I felt like that and I don’t, plain plates would be my preference as sadly our Union Flag has been hijacked by extremists and Bluekip it seems.

Reactions: NevMan
The majority will go for stick on / plate holders, always had plate holders myself because it allows for ease of removal. I remove my plates at shows, if it’s at the detailer etc and when I have a deep clean... anything to stop my plate being papped and with my luck likely cloned haha.

Personally hate the tacky country/ eu lettering on number plates.

T-800. Good idea! Do you have any pictures of yours please?