Nurburgring Oct 7th - 10th

fasteddie

Reaction score
Just a quick one I'll be posting in the euro section of meets but we all know this is the more well trodden ground. Only decided yesterday but KevinT and I are going to the Nurburgring on Sat 7th and coming back on the 10th if any one wants to join us they are more than welcome sorry about the short notice, but hey lifes like that short notice is good, lets hope it doesn't rain.

EH..... 33 quid very cheep, much u roughly talkin for the all round trip or u not thought of that yet? would b very interested in comming

I reckon an AS.net ring trip should be aranged for next spring or something... give everyone a chance to get their cars ready etc

well cant remember what we used in fuel to get ther but I have a very local hotel booked for 60 euros (£41) per night so you could say £150 boat and hotel perhaps £80-£100 on fuel there and back the same again for fuel at the ring and £100+ on laps depends how many you want to do. £450-£500 unless you want to go crazy and mod your car etc...

I have been meaning to get to the 'Ring for the last year, but haven't gone cos of the gutlessness of my standard 1.8T, and now I've modded I'm skint! Lol

I would be very interested in going early (March/April) next year as it'll give me chance to start getting the suspension sorted, ARB's at least, and hopefully a lowering kit.

Jeebus, you really know how to tug my strings don't you!!

I was only thinking about this literally minutes before i read this thread...

You have a very tempted S3 owner now working out if he can get the time off...

Came back 2 weeks ago and had a wicked time. Wish I was going again but cannot justify it at the moment.
I had about £200 worth of petrol in total (Norwich to the Ring and back) , 5 laps at around £60 then hotel which was £50 per night (but 2 in a room so £25 each)
Chuck a few beers and food in to the pot and its around £400 for 2 nights.

But you'll love every minute :)

MattS3 said:
Came back 2 weeks ago and had a wicked time. Wish I was going again but cannot justify it at the moment.
I had about £200 worth of petrol in total (Norwich to the Ring and back) , 5 laps at around £60 then hotel which was £50 per night (but 2 in a room so £25 each)
Chuck a few beers and food in to the pot and its around £400 for 2 nights.

But you'll love every minute :)

You dont have to convince me mate, i've been 3 years running now :D

WoW well for those who were thinking about you should have been there. The weather was PERFECT, it rained on the Sat before we arrived and we must have brought the sun as it stayed Sunny for the whole of Sunday and Monday when we had planned our track time. Still an amazing amount of closure on the Sunday due in no small part to a lot of people running out of talent! We had a 355 and not one but two 360's at our hotel one of which didn't make it home, driver fine, pride not so good. Had a ball learnt more but still know I dont know this track, god its long! I will be going back but want to do the 75 Experince is anybody else up for this? They do group lessons of 12, if we can get a number together I'd like to do it. Costs are 160Euros to do it in your car (450Euros to do it there car and have them pay the laps), you pay for laps etc and plan for 8-10. it consist of classroom in the evening followed by a day at the ring with one of the best tutors at any track. let me know if you are interested if we can get around 12 I'll book it

Eddie - Deffo interested. Let me know more, when you have any further info

(may well have a couple of other people who'd be keen too)

Cheers
Matt

OK so it sounds like there may be interest out there so please say if you are up for it and numbers on this thread. If we can get a date everyone can make would you be interested in "learning" the Ring from a very well respected expert at a cost of 160 Euros (in your own car - you pay for laps petrol etc) or 450 Euros (in the school cars fuel and laps are included). Please say name (if a group say numbers too) whether it is own car or school car.

I'll start

Fasteddie - own car
Kevint - own car

Fasteddie - own car
Kevint - own car
MattS3 - Their cars
MattS3 (freind#1) Their cars
MattS3 (freind#2) Their cars
MattS3 (freind#3) Their cars

Stewart said:
This year??

No the Track is all but closed this year, just to let everyone know we will probably aim for next spring/summer. I just want an idea of who is up for this, you should be serious about this I know how difficult it is getting a group of this size together so these are the things you should think about.

Do you have the funds, say £300 for lessons and track time, 3 nights at a hotel £120, fuel say £200-£300, ferry £50 and spending money whilst there now tis depends an awful lot on how much you drink - do bare in mind we are there for Driving so this is not condoned. So total is £800ish it can be lowered ie sharing Hotel, doing less laps, driving slowly! but if you want to enjoy this session plan for this

Can you get the time off, from work, the misses, kids, dog, curry, etc

Is you car up to it - it doesn't need to be race tuned or anything like that but if it needs a service get it done, check tyres, brakes, fluids. Brakes are VERY important, if they dont stop you then the armco will and believe me brakes are cheaper!

Well that's about it all the bad news the good news is for all those never been this is the very best way to be introduced, for those that have been this will really improve your knowledge and respect of the greatest track on this planet.

Fully aware of costs, 3 of us have been this year.

Holiday not a problem, 30 days a year is a fair bit to get rid of.

any other takers for this, I know its early days for planning something next spring summer. I just want try an Audi fest before I ask at other forums, cheers

Neversaydie, I take it you will be using the race school cars then, surely you cant be seen in a diesel BMW at the ring :p ;)

I have always wanted to go to the ring, if your palnning another for next year I would definatly be up for tagging along if thats ok

I'm in (as already mentioned).

Planning for next year gives us plently of time to organise dates, but please be under no illusion of commitment required. We need 12 to make this a success, we can't have people dropping out at the last minute.

It'll be a great few days away :D

Kev.