NURBURGRING

rog 190 quattro

rog190quattro
Reaction score
Hi everyone i was reading a thread somewhere a few weeks ago where some of you were thinking of planning a trip to the NURBURGRING,well i picked up REDLINE car mag the other day and its full of info about planning such a trip ,with places to stay with telephone numbers and prices ,detailed map of the circuit with info on individual corners.They are even giving away a token for one free lap.I hope its of some help to any of you.

I heard of a bloke who went once crashed his car into one of the walls, not only did he seriously injure himself and write his car off but he was sent a bill for damage to the track for £10,000.

F*** That.
insurance helps! i recommend spending some time with a playstation to at least learn the route around the track. it definately helps to know which way its going to bend next*

*this will in no way make you a god of the ring, playstation will not prevent you from racking up £10k bills

I heard of a bloke who went once crashed his car into one of the walls, not only did he seriously injure himself and write his car off but he was sent a bill for damage to the track for £10,000.

F*** That.

Don't crash :yes:

if you drive within your limits then all well and good but no one can factor in being taken out by another car. there are a lot of cars being driven by utter muppets there though.

I have spoken to a few who have driven it and the best advice was just to drive like any other country roads but with upmost respect

I have spoken to a few who have driven it and the best advice was just to drive like any other country roads but with upmost respect

Yes, I would second that........... and be aware of what is going on around you to the extent of paranoia!

It is a fantastic adrenalin rush, and is something that anybody who likes 'driving' should do at least once in their lives......

Oh just a little one ! :ohmy:

£15k on the car plus 600M of Armco ..... all covered by insurance.

I misjudged how quick the weather was changing from light drizzle to heavy rain and aquaplaned after going over a crest. A sprained wrist and a couple of bruises from the seat belts isn't bad for a 110-120 mpg crash at the 'ring.

I think it was about my 40th lap and I've since done around another 100.

In my mind if you're gonna drive it like a normal country road (i.e. with the ability to stop in the distance you see to be clear) then there's no point making the trip. However this applies once you know your way around. For the first 10 to 20 laps I'd say it's pretty decent advice.

I've since had a couple of hours tuition etc and I realise how much there is too learn. It's not an easy place to master. Any one can get the lines right after a few laps but it's a different thing to really knowing the place.

I've yet to do it on my motorbike but it's an itch I'll have to scratch one day. I'll definately not be pushing so hard on two wheels! :no:

Yes, I would second that........... and be aware of what is going on around you to the extent of paranoia!

It is a fantastic adrenalin rush, and is something that anybody who likes 'driving' should do at least once in their lives......
i swear i ended up watching the mirrors as much as i was looking out the windscreen. i had one close call with that ring mini. i came out of one corner, had been keeping an eye on the mirrors, i must have been 150m from that corner and it was all clear track behind me, seconds later this mini passed me at what felt like double my speed! i didnt see where he came from at all

Oh just a little one ! :ohmy:

£15k on the car plus 600M of Armco ..... all covered by insurance.

Most people say your normal road insurance won't cover you for the ring... But I checked with mine and they said it was OK...?? Was that the same for you?

Fortunately I didn't have to put it to the test.