OBD 11

cemerson

Reaction score
Got mine in the post today. It's a bit annoying that you have to pay 'credits' to use the apps, but it looks good so far. Guess I'll be clicking on 5 ads a day between now and when I get my car so I can build up the credits in time...

The coding function is free to use, but I haven't looked at that yet.

Be warned also that you have to register an account and verify your email in order to start using it, so make sure you have access to your email the first time you try and use it!

Got mine in the post today. It's a bit annoying that you have to pay 'credits' to use the apps, but it looks good so far. Guess I'll be clicking on 5 ads a day between now and when I get my car so I can build up the credits in time...

The coding function is free to use, but I haven't looked at that yet.

Be warned also that you have to register an account and verify your email in order to start using it, so make sure you have access to your email the first time you try and use it!

Where did you purchase from if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also order one on on Thursday 9th and it also arrived in the post today from Lithuania.

Tried my OBDEleven this after just to make sure it connected to my tablet. No problem, connected straight away. Tried the needle sweep function and it changed that OK. I also tried the Start/Stop de-activation - it showed mine as activated which it is not. Changed the setting to de-activate and it did not seem to change anything.

I have one and it works fine, and if you want unlimited credits, you can manually change the date of your android and get the five free credits per day.

Tried my OBDEleven this after just to make sure it connected to my tablet. No problem, connected straight away. Tried the needle sweep function and it changed that OK. I also tried the Start/Stop de-activation - it showed mine as activated which it is not. Changed the setting to de-activate and it did not seem to change anything.

Try using OBD11 in long hand mode rather than the apps in a similar way to VCDS adaptations, to disable stop/start :-

1. Module 19 (Can Gateway)
2. Adaption (10)
3. Go to channel: Start_stop_voltage_limit
4. Change value to 12.1V ( default is 7.6V)

Thanks for the information but I already have Start/Stop disabled. I did it using VCDS two or more years ago shortly after I got this A3. I was just trying it using OBD11 to see what happened. I'll try it again when I get my new A3 in March. If the OBD11 does not work then I will use VCDS again.
With my wife's Polo I could not do it using VCDS because my cable is not the correct one for the Polo so I paid an 'independent' to do it as the VW dealer refused. Hopefully next time I can do it using OBD11.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Had one of these for about 18 months now and wouldn't be without it. I've done a lot of mods on my A3, both useful ones and others that just look cool.

My favourites have to be Scandinavian DRLs, alternating rear turn signals, passenger mirror dip in reverse and of course the famous needle sweep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68
Thanks for the information but I already have Start/Stop disabled. I did it using VCDS two or more years ago shortly after I got this A3. I was just trying it using OBD11 to see what happened. I'll try it again when I get my new A3 in March. If the OBD11 does not work then I will use VCDS again.
With my wife's Polo I could not do it using VCDS because my cable is not the correct one for the Polo so I paid an 'independent' to do it as the VW dealer refused. Hopefully next time I can do it using OBD11.

I've now re-enable it in VCDS and have a memory module fitted to the S/S button - same effect but the button remains off and I no longer have the S/S unavailable icon in the central DIS.

I guess needle sweep is a bit unnecessary with the virtual cockpit (though have it on my current car), I have the scandinavian DRLs currently, the alternating rear indicators I wouldn't have anyway but again rendered irrelevant now by the dynamic indicators I guess. I also switched the seatbelt warning off in my car too since I do a lot of driving on private land where it's not needed.

I guess needle sweep is a bit unnecessary with the virtual cockpit (though have it on my current car), I have the scandinavian DRLs currently, the alternating rear indicators I wouldn't have anyway but again rendered irrelevant now by the dynamic indicators I guess. I also switched the seatbelt warning off in my car too since I do a lot of driving on private land where it's not needed.
The virtual cockpit does the needle swipe from factory which is great.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk