obd port security 2016 s3

quattrorally

Reaction score
What do i need to do to my obd port to prevent someone from hacking it and cloning keys.

Do i need to do anything at all? I do not have keyless entry if that makes any difference.

You can get a wiring loom to relocate the obd port and leave a dummy port in place without messing with fuses.
Think it was djalix mentioned in another post wiring 12v to one of the pins in the dummy port to blow the scumbags dodgy gear up as well

Thanks, would like to find that post... but cant.
Port relocation isn't quite as straightforward if you have footwell lighting as the cables are coupled right up to within about 3 inches of the OBD plug so that will need extending when moving the plug away. Of course you can extend the OBD but the best way is to move it away entirely out of reach.

What do i need to do to my obd port to prevent someone from hacking it and cloning keys.

Do i need to do anything at all? I do not have keyless entry if that makes any difference.

I'm fairly sure but could be wrong in that you can't clone keys on Audi's like that

My friend is a mastertech and said they can't program keys with the portable diagnostic equipment they have - They always have to get the car into the workshop and linked to the main computer which then talks to Germany who will change immobiliser codes etc for new keys

As you don't have keyless entry though - No problem anyway

yeah but the connection between the original and the extension is still in the original vicinity.
Best way is to move the whole part of the loom to behind other side of dash and either extend the footwell light loom or to separate the loom by removing the sheathing and reapply once enough length is freed off.

I'm fairly sure but could be wrong in that you can't clone keys on Audi's like that

My friend is a mastertech and said they can't program keys with the portable diagnostic equipment they have - They always have to get the car into the workshop and linked to the main computer which then talks to Germany who will change immobiliser codes etc for new keys

As you don't have keyless entry though - No problem anyway
Codes can be grabbed from any remote key, it is false to think just because you don't have keyless entry your car is safe. It is common for this myth though and confuse keyless entry and remote unlocking locking and unlocking...

Codes can be grabbed from any remote key, it is false to think just because you don't have keyless entry your car is safe. It is common for this myth though and confuse keyless entry and remote unlocking locking and unlocking...

That's codes for unlocking etc - Immobiliser codes for starting the car are different and are saved in the car management system and unlike the BMW issue you cannot just clone the key to get it started