OBDEleven - iOS App Bug prevents Headlight Range Control alignment [Adaption/Basic Settings-001]

Seaniau

Reaction score
Putting this here in case anybody gets stuck like I was last night;
I tried to begin Headlight Alignment on my Audi S3 8P 2010. using the OBDEleven iOS app with OBDEleven PRO device. The procedure for this states to enter Control Unit 55 (Headlight Regulation), Enter Basic Settings - 001, and Turn the setting On, then Off. Adjust the headlight alignment manually under the bonnet, then turn 001 On then Off again to complete the alignment.

The problem is, there is clearly a bug in the OBDEleven app for iOS (Version 1.5.1 at time of writing) that prevents the Alignment procedure from completing correctly, as when you "Slide to Write" on 001, it gives a "Failed" message. Leaving your control unit stuck in Alignment mode which generates Fault Code: "01539 - Headlights were not adjusted" and your Headlight Range Control is now defective.

Luckily this morning, I realised the Android OBDEleven app is different to the iOS app, UI is totally different. So I decided to try and rectify the issue with a spare Android Tablet I have, and thankfully the process works successfully using the Android app, so I was able to complete the Procedure and clear the Fault Code.
So if you too get yourself stuck with the iOS OBDEleven app, hopefully you can try the Android app and resolve your issue too.

Hope that helps someone out.

Reactions: ch1z64 and EXSpartan36