Obdeleven optical parking assistant help

Leow91

Reaction score
I recently bought the new generation OBDeleven mainly so I could activate the optical parking assistant but I am having trouble turning this on.

The app connects and scans no problem and I have activated needle sweep and mirror dip no problem but when I go to turn on the parking assistant it says “check ignition try again”. I have rear parking sensors (audible only) so I’m not sure why the visual display is not working. I have a symphony stereo system so no MMI but still have a display so I’d have thought I’d still be able to use this feature.

Has anyone had a similar issue or know a work around?

Pretty sure the optical display only works on 3G units and better.

The lesser units don’t have enough processing power to deal with it along side the other functions.

Also no setting menu as a part of the firmware to be able to change it.

The SYMPHONY or CONCERT radio is not the limitation, if you had bought VCDS you would need to change the coding in the radio to include this and also change the coding in the PDS controller, but that might be where the problem lies, the basic PDS controller only handles 4 (rear) sensors, no rear camera or OPS. What I did on my 2011 S4 with CONCERT was to retro fit front sensors and buy a used 8 sensor PDS controller that came with camera capability and OPS.

Reactions: audiwaterpump
Cheers for the replies!

To be honest it’s all sounding far too complicated for me so reckon the OBDeleven will be going on eBay as I now have zero use for it and I’ll just be sticking with the audible sensors

Are you long coding or using a 1click app?

This is what you need to do for long coding

Activation of Audi Parking System
Select Control unit 10 (parking aid)
Control unit access authorization - Seçim function 16
Access Code: 71679
Coding
Byte 2
Bit 0 - visual representation of parking assistance - activate

Reactions: audiwaterpump and Leow91
Are you long coding or using a 1click app?

This is what you need to do for long coding

Activation of Audi Parking System
Select Control unit 10 (parking aid)
Control unit access authorization - Seçim function 16
Access Code: 71679
Coding
Byte 2
Bit 0 - visual representation of parking assistance - activate
Legend mate!
I was trying to do it via the preinstalled app as I have never done long coding and did not want to mess anything up but I followed your steps and it worked first time.
Thanks for your help Boundy

Reactions: jdp1962
FYI, the OBDeleven apps are rubbish!

I don’t think I have had one work properly yet. Search online for a how to guide and follow it instead.

FYI, the OBDeleven apps are rubbish!

I don’t think I have had one work properly yet. Search online for a how to guide and follow it instead.
They are much more effective on MQB platform cars

I've found that Carista only works okay for "later" cars, as much as "one click" adaption is concerned, but it takes a bit of time to add in new fault codes.

As I have VCDS, and the latest version, I am now limited to how many VINs I can use VCDS fully on, I have the 10 VIN option, but even so try to avoid using up VINs unnecessarily, this is where Carista comes in for me, I bought it very early on in its life and so have a different pricing model which lets me reset service warnings at no extra cost, with VCDS if I want to do that I need to use up a VIN, which in a moment of madness I did when I serviced my wife's 2015 VW Polo.
Mainly, for me, Carista is something to have in the armrest storage bin in both my cars, to be used for "away from home" fault finding if needed, as my previous small scan tool had run out of life.