OBDEleven Programming

grahammcm1888

Reaction score
Hi All

I have just taken receipt of my new A5 (B9) and I was wondering if anyone has experience with OBDEleven. I have downloaded the app and there is a fair bit I can do with the car via my Android tablet. I am considering buying the dongle but I was curious to know if you need to buy credits to program in conjuction with the dongle? I am getting mixed messages on Google and though I would ask here.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

As long as you’ve got the dongle and the pro version of the software, you can access all of the car’s settings and manually make changes for free.

For complicated changes that require amending various settings, the apps can be quicker and possibly safer, but I’ve never needed to buy any credits - you get some free when you create an account and you can get more by watching a few ads.

Reactions: grahammcm1888
As long as you’ve got the dongle and the pro version of the software, you can access all of the car’s settings and manually make changes for free.

For complicated changes that require amending various settings, the apps can be quicker and possibly safer, but I’ve never needed to buy any credits - you get some free when you create an account and you can get more by watching a few ads.

appreciate the feedback, Thanks. Think I will just go ahead. If I just use the more complicated method of programming which come with the Pro version (and not the apps) then its a one of cost I take it?

Always happy to help :) Yes, it doesn't need to cost a penny more. As most of the changes you'll want to do are done in a single step, it's not much more difficult to do them manually instead of via an app.

Reactions: grahammcm1888
It’s a great product and worth every penny, I have had one for a couple of months and not need to buy credits as I have not needed to use apps, the apps are great if you are unsure on long coding and also I believe that when you use an app it save your currents setting.