Odd behaviour

AlS3BE

Reaction score
So my car was serviced last week and I’ve noticed a few things.
First time I noticed this was when the mrs took the car out to the shops and came back then I took the car out about an hour or so later and when I started the car a plume of white-grey smoke was coming out the exhaust. Goes away after a few seconds or blip of throttle. This has happened a few times now. First time I wrote it off as residual fuel in the exhaust or something but now it’s kinda almost every time the car starts when it’s been driven earlier. smoke doesn’t smell of fuel or smoke. Weather has been very warm though the last few days. It’s not something I’ve ever noticed before.

another thing is cause the heat wave we have been having I tend to leave the windows open in the car if I know I am going out later. This has happened a few times when I press lock on the remote the windows all close. Before I had to hold the lock button till they were all closed and I get a confirmation flash from the indicators. Now some of the time it just closes all the window on one press. didn’t think that was possible to code or setup in the audis.
Any ideas ??

You car and mine were made around the same time.

Windows - mine still need long press to close. My last software update was ~Feb/Mar to restore satellite overlay which reset a lot of MMI settings as 8 modules had to be updated.

Smoke - am not an expert here but is there smoke on cold start as well or only warm start? For warm start is it only after short journeys or irrespective of prior journey length? Any issues with coolant level or after-run water pump behaviour?

You car and mine were made around the same time.

Windows - mine still need long press to close. My last software update was ~Feb/Mar to restore satellite overlay which reset a lot of MMI settings as 8 modules had to be updated.

Smoke - am not an expert here but is there smoke on cold start as well or only warm start? For warm start is it only after short journeys or irrespective of prior journey length? Any issues with coolant level or after-run water pump behaviour?
Only on warm starts I’ve notice the smoke.
well the car doesn’t go very far. Normally to shops and back so always shortish journeys.
checked coolant, all looks fine, car doesn’t use any between services. Oils looks fine, used about 150ml between services.
Curious what the 8 modules that was needing changed? My google maps overlay update was done a while ago and not had problems with it other than my reverse camera stoped working.

Reactions: JohnM100
Curious what the 8 modules that was needing changed? My google maps overlay update was done a while ago and not had problems with it other than my reverse camera stoped working.

My poor wording - there were 8 steps in the satellite view software update(s). No hardware changes.

No specific idea on your smoke issue - Sorry.

My poor wording - there were 8 steps in the satellite view software update(s). No hardware changes.

No specific idea on your smoke issue - Sorry.

maybe it’s my poor wording :wink:
what 8 modules got updated as part of the satellite view update? I thought it was only 5f. If there’s more I’m curious what was done to other modules. Maybe that’s why I get random weird behaviour from my windows.