OE led taillight conversion

If someone tells me where to look I can screen shot the codes but I didn't do it myself so can't tell you! Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If someone tells me where to look I can screen shot the codes but I didn't do it myself so can't tell you! Sorry

Load up VCDS and select Applications, then Select Controller Channel Map. In the box that opens change the following only:
  • Controller Address = 46
  • Login or Security Access Code = Empty
  • Tick the Adaptations check box
  • Select CSV file
  • Click go
This will dump all of the adaptation date in to a spreadsheet and drop the file in to the following folder:
  • Ross-Tech > VCDS > Logs
The needed information will be in channels 181 and 195 through to 210, but if you could post up the complete file it would be great :)

Reactions: robsey29
Anyone have info on which module is needed to fit the FL LED tail lights to a pre-FL NON LED Avant? I've seen that some Avant owners have needed to change their modules as the factory Avant module isn't compatible? Any part numbers of the modules that are compatible? Thanks

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Anyone have info on which module is needed to fit the FL LED tail lights to a pre-FL NON LED Avant? I've seen that some Avant owners have needed to change their modules as the factory Avant module isn't compatible? Any part numbers of the modules that are compatible? Thanks

Sorry i have no idea on this as i am going from pre-f/l led to f/l led so my module does not need replacing.

Fitted mine today but the coding is wrong as you went from pre f/l led to facelift led would you mind getting the coding data if possible?

Thanks

After some more playing around Ithis evening I have messed up the coding on 191,201 & 202 which I didn't write down I don't suppose anyone that has a avant with pre-facelift led rear lights can check the stored value in these channels in central convience module 46 adaptions??

Any help would be much appreciated as the car is not useable now due to the lights not working properly.

I have my facelift rear lights arriving tomorrow (if travelling seller is to be believed, already had one failed purchase with anther seller) and I already have the wiring here to fit them. Mine is from pre-facelift halogen to facelift LED.

Working out the coding will be fun!

For comedy, I'll post up a "How to" for the wiring and coding once I work it out. I know there are already some "How to" threads about but always nice to have fresh eyes on a subject.

Just in case that link gets broken as they do here is the coding.

Attachments

• coding-led-tails.pdf
    29.2 KB · Views: 451
Reactions: robsey29
Well, my lights have arrived and are as immaculate as the seller had described!

One issue... The wiring adapter kit I bought doesn't fit the inner lights. The plugs in the kit are too big for the 5 pin socket on the lights, anyone else had this?

Fitted mine today but the coding is wrong as you went from pre f/l led to facelift led would you mind getting the coding data if possible?

Thanks

Really sorry not been on here for a few days, crazy busy at work plus still having work done on the car

which harness did you buy?
I bought what I believed to be the harness for going from Halogen pre-facelift to LED facelift. I'm sending the kit back and making my own. It'll be easier. Just need to source the plugs for the inner units and pins.

Right, I now have the correct inner plugs coming from TPS. Next, wiring diagram and coding.

I keep finding information for US models, anyone know or have the wiring diagram and correct coding for a retrofit on a pre-facelift halogen Avant to facelift LED?

Never mind, got all the wiring diagrams now.

Next question... Has anyone re-pinned their BCM plugs to match the facelift wiring and then coded the BCM same as a facelift with LED rears?

Just resurrecting an old post that someone can hopefully help me with.

I've just picked up F/L led rear lights to replace my pre F/L led rear lights on my 2009 avant.

Can anyone advise on the coding changes that are needed to make the new lights fully work? I also got Kaufatc adapters with the lights. These came with additional wires, but I am unsure of where these go from and to.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bump..... anyone able to help???

Reactions: AU11 ALS
I've just managed to convert my 58' non LED lights to the 2013 allroad rear lighting setup.

Fully working, no fault codes.

Here is a 50:50 to Show the difference

what wiring did you have to do for this? I am just in the process of mine, i have bought an adaptor loom but unsure if the wiring on it is correct

:)