OEM Brake Discs & Pads

Vijalante

Reaction score
Hi All,

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere (I couldn't find it!).
The front discs and pads on my standard 2011 S3 are reaching the end of their usefulness and I need to buy new ones very soon. Audi just had the car in for a service, advised me the brakes would need doing and quoted me £425 for the privilege.

I'm not going to be making any modifications to the car and the standard brakes are adequate for a standard setup. I'm finding it tricky to find anything online and don't want to be lumbered with bits that don't fit. I'm looking to sell the car within a year so I'm looking for OEM parts. I've heard Pagid are a decent choice so I've been looking in to their bits.

Something I've found really confusing is the number of different sizes available for my car. Even when searching by reg on Euro Car Parts, there are about 4 different ones available for the front ranging from about 280mm to 345mm in diameter. Searching on here indicates I need a 345mm diameter disc with the pads that go with it.

I found a set on the bay going for £123 delivered which is a bargain compared to Audi's ridiculous prices!

Can anyone confirm these are the discs and pads I need for my car (in terms of size at least):
Disc: http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/A...d52dfc151eda22f9bdb70a34b0520717f8ad4f&000027

Pad: http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/A...70be9541c047334dc9fc4179b7098f196de964&000036

Thanks in advance!

The 100% accurate way to get the correct items will be to look in the service schedule booklet that came with your car.
Inside the front cover there is a factory -applied sticker that lists the chassis number and engine number , along with a load of other data eg engine and gearbox codes and a code relating to every factory-fitted option and piece of standard equipment.
If you don't have the book, don't worry as there is a duplicate sticker located in the spare wheel well.
What you are looking for on the sticker is a code relating to the type of brake, whether it be front of rear.
As an example , my own TDI S-Line has front brakes with code 1ZE and rears 1KD, obviously you'll have to look up the potential codes for an S3, Google will probably come up trumps, then see if they're listed on your sticker....
When I buy from Euro Car Parts I just ensure that I look at the 'fitment' tab on each type of brake pad (there are usually several choices) and make sure that I choose the pads corresponding to the right code, it's quite easy to choose the right discs/pads when you know what to look for!
Pagid stuff is excellent, I've used their discs and pads for years and Textar is also very good (OEM Mercedes).

Reactions: Vijalante
The 100% accurate way to get the correct items will be to look in the service schedule booklet that came with your car.
Inside the front cover there is a factory -applied sticker that lists the chassis number and engine number

Thanks very much for that buddy. I found the sticker in the spare wheel well and a Google search confirms I need 345mm front discs and the corresponding pads. I don't know why there are so many different sizes that come up when I search with my registration on most brake disc sites. Surely fitting smaller than original sizes is just dangerous!

The Pagid discs and pads are as good as the Audi OE ones, if not better.
If you buy them from ECP you can get a discount code from google and save a bit more. Here it is http://www.hotukdeals.com/vouchers/eurocarparts.com

Thanks for that mate. I hunted around for a decent price and in the end a friend of mine in the motor trade has ordered me discs and pads for £72 inc VAT on a trade account with ECP and will fit them for a drink which is absolutely excellent compared to Audi's £425!

Reactions: Rog_B
Thanks for that mate. I hunted around for a decent price and in the end a friend of mine in the motor trade has ordered me discs and pads for £72 inc VAT on a trade account with ECP and will fit them for a drink which is absolutely excellent compared to Audi's £425!
That's good news, better keep him sweet with a bit more than a drink, yer never know when you'll need his help again.

Reactions: Vijalante