OEM, HAAS or Bosch?

StatedRain

Reaction score
Need to pull my finger out and change my camshaft position sensor, question is which one do I go with? Europarts has a haas 1 which I can get using there current offer for £25, do I go for it, do I search for a Bosch one (I've looked pretty hard already but can't find one) or do I phone main dealer and get a genuine 1?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

On my Mk 4 Golf gti, the ignition amplifier died and a genuine VW item was a shocking price.
So I bought a Haas from ECP and 2 years later it is still going strong

Autodoc have a good range of parts at reasonable prices. The parts come from Germany but only take a few days to arrive.
https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/camshaft-sensor-15033/audi/a3/a3-8p1/19914-s3-Quattro
I have used a HAAS crank sensor in my mk1 TT. Not my first choice but as I needed it in a hurry and it was in stock I fitted it. HAAS parts are an own brand make for ECP, suspect they are made in China as lots of things are these days. probably similar quality to Topran.

If you send me your reg i will see what parts are available for it, i work in parts so have access to all the main dealer catalogues. OEM are usually just delphi/bosch/hella in the box anyway so you are really just paying for a box.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Should of added europarts also have a facet one for £30 more or theres a delphi one on ebay for £25, am I right to assume these are probably all different chinese makes?

Audi uses delphi in quite a bit of their oem stuff, facet are a rebox company so they supply other manufacturer's with their logos on, even some oem parts are made by them and are branded as vag group they just sell some as their own without the branding. So no neather are cheap Chinese parts.

Oem part number for your cam sensor is 0G957147B

There is a hella unit available 6PU009168-101 and a Delphi unit SS10964

Bosch doesn't make one thats why you cant find it, if you put the oem number in to places like ebay or google the correct cam sensor will pop up for you.

Oem part number for your cam sensor is 0G957147B

There is a hella unit available 6PU009168-101 and a Delphi unit SS10964

Bosch doesn't make one thats why you cant find it, if you put the oem number in to places like ebay or google the correct cam sensor will pop up for you.

Top man! Thank you for searching