OEM Rear Arms - they're different lengths

Sam_

Down under
Reaction score
Top vs. Bottom. I just changed all 4 of mine and the top ones we're slightly shorter than the bottoms. Probably means you could sort your camber out on the cheap by fitting a set of top arms to the bottom?

I'm sure the longer ones go on top, when standard anyway as I had to swap them round when I bought my car as it had neg 2 deg camber on the back with out being lowered. (They had been replaced before I got the car)

theres about 5mm diff on the location of the holes if I remember....

Last edited:
My bottom ones were definitely longer. We're talking only around 5-8mm maybe but definitely longer. I'll try and get pics. I've read elsewhere about them being different too.

What's your camber like then now? Dose the top kick in more than the fronts?

I set my new gruvenparts arms to what I'd taken off so yeah, still have camber. I figured I can tweak it later when I get a proper alignment done. I might squeeze in a quick adjustment one day after work but it'll do for now as I ran out of time (had to pick the mrs up). They've tightened the rear up a little as they are.

With the OEM arms and H&R springs I had a fair bit of negative camber and the insides were wearing pretty badly.

Just tweak them out about 3-4mm longer then they were each side for the time being, they don't need to much adjustment to be honest and you won't be far out, I set mine to the original then gave it 4mm, dropped the car drove it up the road then tweaked it again on one side by eye to the front then matched the length on the other till I got it set up at the weekend, as you tune the camber out you will give it more tow in so that will have to be done to.

Oh...really Jo? That would explain y the older ones had diff springs on the rear and sat lower, on the other hand I could be way off lol

Just tweak them out about 3-4mm longer then they were each side for the time being, they don't need to much adjustment to be honest and you won't be far out, I set mine to the original then gave it 4mm, dropped the car drove it up the road then tweaked it again on one side by eye to the front then matched the length on the other till I got it set up at the weekend, as you tune the camber out you will give it more tow in so that will have to be done to.

Cheers for this. I'll hopefully get some time to tweak them this week. Need to put some smaller spacers on the rear first I think though else my wheels might stick out :)

Depends on year of car I think? Earlier cars like mine had same part numbers for top and bottom.

Yeah it does seem varied. I'll measure mine and see if I can spot any part numbers on them.

The bars do differ by around 5mm.
I swapped mine around to get rid of some neg camber and worked a charm.
Here's some pics....
carrossage10-1.jpg

carrossage9.jpg

carrossage11-1.jpg

Yeah must be I may get some adjustable ones for the top anyway as since I lowered the car you can tell it needs it

52 bam here and Etka lists the same part for top and bottom

02 Bam diff top and bottom.