OEM Reverse Camera Fitted - Odd Behaviour

q2us3r

Reaction score
So I installed a OEM reverse camera (5Q0 980 556 B) today, all wired up, added 6C to the gateway, control module 10 and selected rear camera installed, then to 5F and set Car_Funktion_List_BAP_Gen2_VPS_0x0B to "activated" and Car_Funktion_List_BAP_Gen2_VPS_0x0B_msg_bus to "Terminal 15", did a scan and no errors with module 6C found. I select reverse and no image shown in the MMI - I do some testing of module 6C and it can detect the steering wheel moving, reverse gear selected, etc but still no picture when I select reverse. If I leave the car in reverse and reset the MMI then the camera is shown in the screen, if I turn the steering wheel the guide lines move, so it seems to work, it disappears when the MMI starts loading. The camera has long coding 0273010100002001400040 - if I have the car in reverse, go to the module, and change nothing but select the "Soft Reset" option then as soon as I press "Do It" the camera is displayed in the screen like it should (sometimes, not every time), it works, I can reverse the car and all the guide lines moves but then as soon as I come out of reverse and go back to reverse then it does not show any more - very odd. The cabling for the camera seems to have been done correctly as the camera can be seen working if I reset the module via VCDS, but once out of reverse and putting the car back into reverse it does not seem to show it again in the MMI. The car is automatic and only has reverse parking sensors - any ideas on how I could diagnose what the problem could be? I have a feeling there is something wrong with the long coding (as there are quite a few options in there that I do not understand and hence if it applies to the car, i.e. one option is set to BAP 4.0, should it be 3.3?)

Last edited:
Hey man have you a link to where you got the bits and potentially a guide on how to wire it all in? I have VCDS, but my knowledge on electrical wiring isn't as good.