off on my hols

205man

Reaction score
ill see you guys later, im off on my holiday today, im just sat waiting for my lift to come in the next hour, then its off to the maldives i go.

hospital has given the okay to go diving but to be very careful of my after the op i had

see you lot in 10days then

maldives - nice!! have a good hol :icon_thumright:

im back now,

what a fantastic place, we had a speedboat from the airport to our island resort, the weather was perfect

no noise, just peace and quite so nothing to do but sunbathe, go diving and enjoy the views.

ill put some photos up later for you lottie

we loved it so much were going back for new year but to a different resort probably

alan

heres a few photos of the beach which never got any busier than in the photo, some sunsets and a few more

P1000203s.jpg

P1000204s.jpg

P1000252s.jpg

our over water suite is the last blue one before the black ones looking left to right

P1000143s.jpg

P1000233s.jpg

no photoshop here this is the real thing

P1000207s.jpg

view from our table in the resturant

P1000285s.jpg

the high street

P1000290s.jpg

me my girlfriend and our waiter moosa - he was great and you have the same waiter and table all your stay

P1000305s.jpg

pics look fab! :idea: I'll get Rob to take me there one day.

wow wow wow! looks amazing!!! Which hotel did you stay in & who did you book through if you dont mind me asking? I'm gonna look up prices ;)

we stayed at the Dhonveli Beach & Spa, and we booked a late deal with first choice and cost just over £1200 for the 2 of us all inclusive.

there are 4 types of room at the resort the superior room, the beach bungalow, the water bungalow and the over water suite/villa.

(the garden bungalows are being re done)

we originally booked to be in a beach bungalow but we payed to be upgraded when we got there to the water suite/villa (i put the wrong name on the photo so ive changed it) and it cost us an extra $150 each (£75) but would have cost us way more booking it here.

but it doesnt matter which you book into they are all good. the superior rooms all have sea & sunset views and are massive really. the beach bungalow speak for themselves and have views of the lagoon but dont have sunrise/sunset views.
the water bungalow all have sea/lagoon view but either have sunrise/sunset depending on which side of the walkway to them you are. and have a spa bath with sea view

the water suites all have sea view and have sunrise and sunset view and are the same as the bungalows except everything is bigger (rooms/spa etc) and posher lol

if the upgrade hadnt been that cheap we wouldnt have bothered as it doesnt matter which room you have they are all good.

theres nothing to do on the island really so not aimed at kids/families, it definatley for couples

it says disco etc buts its no nightclub lol

http://www.johnkeellshotels.com/maldives_resorts/hotel_home.php?id=14

http://www.vermillionmaldives.com/resorts/Dhonvelibeach.htm

PS these prices are alot more than first choice, i just put link to show resort

alan

Glad you enjoyed it Alan, we have been a couple of times to the maldives and I thought i would hate the maldives but sitting back doing f---- all really recharges your batteries.

Maldives....

or Cleethropes

fitties_beach_alan_mayfield_470x394.jpg

Someone remind me why we don't holiday in the country anymore?

Heres my pictures of my holiday, be prepaired to be bored out your heads, has got music in background as well because i is clever ( well the programme is clever ) its about 6 mins long and has no pictures of me and the mrs as we is ugly barstards

http://www.skyalbum.com/showAlbum/82515

cheers rev head, I thought I would hate the Maldives due to it being too quiet my Mrs thought I would drive her up the wall :) I usually go here there and everywhere on holiday, local bars towns/villages etc but you cant really do that on a Island, Whatever resort you go for check it out on tripadvisor and bear in mind All inclusive in the maldives is not the same as other parts of the world ( thats the biggest moan i see and hear ) My advice is try to goto a resort where you have to go by sea plane as the sights are truly truly stunning & take your own snorkell gear. Remember though theres very little or indeed any night time entertainment.