Official - Let's meet!

Matthew_S3

Reaction score
Hi all! I thought I'd take the first step to try and get some meets back up and running!!

As far as I can see, there was a list of meets planned which didn't get very far... Did the Cheshire Oaks meet go ahead?

The original list was this...
Cheshire
St Helens/Wigan
Liverpool
Leyland
Warrington
Manchester

I was hoping to get this back up and running but I'd like to know what we fancied doing? So suggestions please?

I was thinking Saturday 14th November to kick off the first meet? And then maybe fit in 1 more before Christmas! How does that sound?

Also - if you've not already seen. @ShaunS3 is organising a charity event on 27 November to help @Garth_S3 raise money for his son. Please see...

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/nov-21-2015-teamsport-karting-leeds-charity-karting-event-for-ben-leeds.255111/

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/funding-help-requested-for-my-autistic-son.252558/#post-2555623

http://gogetfunding.com/aba-for-ben/

I've taken the list from the members list so excuse me if anyone has been missed off! :)
@ruffrida @Tay @davy1977 @dannyh @Jim @AlexGSi2000 @Tezler @andy1010 @Jambo26 @warrioruw @Benisere @antowens @Arcam @Dan-Jnr @P40ULW @atkins14 @kellogz @Randomage @Mesa @sixpot @dwaramage1982 @Silvio @cav1 @txosbi @Flibble @pascoe92 @neil @Lisa @ads.lawrence @alex @Nick_C @Spence @Ghostneo @S888 @r1ck123 @lgooch @way318 @S32B @Mark F @Chris0906 @chrisw880 @xpoweruk @S1Pete @n00btastica @Danio @Sandip @alpesh26 @SimonSystems @carlcall @LOBST3R @VinceXR @Pee09 @Sandra @CSS3 @damfly27

Last edited:
Reactions: CSS3
I'd be up for it,but would need my Rota from work before I can confirm

Daytime or evening? I'd be up for it but need to check my calendar on Monday.

Daytime or evening? I'd be up for it but need to check my calendar on Monday.

I was thinking lunchtime maybe? Everyone gets a lie in and could meet near somewhere that does food and drink if anyone wanted anything...

But, obviously, if people prefer a different time we can change it!

Let me know mate :)

What debauchery occurs at these getherings as I'm old and out of shape nowadays......

Reactions: Sandra
Anything that the majority want's really! Anything like a meet up for a chat, bowling, go karting - you name it pal :)

At the min we are just looking for some numbers - do you fancy it @moorzy? :)

I'm free for this one :)

Reactions: Matthew_S3
If the first meet is warrington or close enough to warrington I'll be there. Is there any confirmed date and time?

Reactions: Matthew_S3 and xpoweruk
I was thinking 14th lunch time? I'll sort something so everyone has a similar drive if I can! Once it's back up and running and the numbers are back up we can sort monthly/bi-monthly locations!

Reactions: xpoweruk and CSS3
I was thinking 14th lunch time? I'll sort something so everyone has a similar drive if I can! Once it's back up and running and the numbers are back up we can sort monthly/bi-monthly locations!

I should be ready for the 14th. Doubt I'll have my wheels refurbed or my little marks touched up but should be ready enough.

Hoping this will be in Warrington however :p

I don't mind the location TBH

Reactions: Matthew_S3 and CSS3
How about somewhere near J9 of M62? Theres a B&Q (huge car park) and Burger King round there if we just fancy a quick hello :)

That's near CSS3, 10 mins for me and only 2 junctions for yourself (If I'm correct)!

Sounds OK to me :)

Sounds good mate, count me in.

Just had my 3" turbo back exhaust fitted today and got my 19" wheels the other day. Be nice to get some more ideas on what's next to do. Also got my pressed metal plates on order :)

I wanted to fit some gauges but can't seem to find any pillar pods to fit the A3.

wheels.png

exhaust.png

Last edited:
Reactions: xpoweruk
1- Matthew_S3
2- xpoweruk
3- CSS3
4- @Tay (manage to check your availability mate?)
5-

Any more? The more the merrier guys! Feel free to invite friends, wives and even your pets if you so wish! :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: CSS3
1- Matthew_S3
2- xpoweruk
3- CSS3
4- @Tay (manage to check your availability mate?)
5-

Any more? The more the merrier guys! Feel free to invite friends, wives and even your pets if you so wish! :tearsofjoy:

Don't mention pets my pup is a pain in the **** and usually has to come absolutely everywhere have only just started to trust him on his own at home lol.

Aw, what breed, how old?

He's a staffie around 7 - 8 months old. Real pain the back side but then again wouldn't change him for the world. He's slightly over protective but then again I like that.

My fav pic with him

2ikcme0.png

Laying on my bed after breaking out of his cage one day lol
iq94ll.jpg

My partner has some much better pics of him but this was all I could find on my computer, lol.

Last edited:
Any more up for it ???

Gotta be more than just 4 of us surely!!

I could possibly be up for this but depends where and if I'm working or not....

Reactions: xpoweruk, Matthew_S3 and CSS3
I could possibly be up for this but depends where and if I'm working or not....

14th Nov, About 12ish? B&Q car park near J9 of M62. There's a Burger King (and usually an ice-cream van - doubt it at this time of year though) if anyone wants a coffee or bite to eat and can just meet for a hello and a quick chat :) nothing major but hopefully when we have the numbers up a bit more, after Christmas we could maybe start doing some activities like go-karting etc...

Let us know if you're free mate! :)

Reactions: CSS3 and xpoweruk
14th Nov, About 12ish? B&Q car park near J9 of M62. There's a Burger King (and usually an ice-cream van - doubt it at this time of year though) if anyone wants a coffee or bite to eat and can just meet for a hello and a quick chat :) nothing major but hopefully when we have the numbers up a bit more, after Christmas we could maybe start doing some activities like go-karting etc...

Let us know if you're free mate! :)

My favourite motorsport mentioned there. Can 100% count me in on that one too. I was sponsored as a teen for go-karting see you at the track! Aha :)

Reactions: xpoweruk and Matthew_S3
@xpoweruk
@Matthew_S3

Do either of you guys have the necessary tools to replace a thermostat on a 1.8T or know anyone that may be able to help me out in the Warrington area or close by ?

16500 - Engine Coolant Temp. Sensor (G62): Implausible Signal
P0116 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Still got this annoying fault on my VCDS, already replaced coolant temp. sensor.

A little map for anyone that needs it. The circle is where I think would be best to meet - nobody parks there and furthest from the store entrance :)

Untitled

Anyone else interested? @Tay @moorzy

Reactions: CSS3 and xpoweruk
Totally agree mate but I guess we have to start somewhere?

I was thinking meet for 12 but if you guys want a different time - let me know :) (I can't do past 2pm though unfortunately - I have a very important meeting with a lovely friend called alcohol!)

Cheers

12 is fine for me mate.

It's a shame a few more aint coming,but be cool to meet a few enthusiast all the same :)

12 is fine for me mate.

It's a shame a few more aint coming,but be cool to meet a few enthusiast all the same :)

Looking forward to seeing the 'mean machine' the front on your signature pic looks like my old A5 - Sounds like yours goes like stink!!

Reactions: xpoweruk
Hi Guy's

Not sure if the @ notification is working properly. I've had no notifications until Matt just messaged me directly!

Just been to a meet in Cambridgeshire this weekend so I might have used up all my goodwill with the missus.
Definitely doing something already in the morning but I'll do my best to get down after that.

Thanks for getting back Cav! I'm sure you can twist her arm for a quick hours chat? ;)

Would be nice to catch up and see the mods you've done to the car since I last saw it!! I still miss my A5 :(

Let me know matey!