Oh dear[emoji23][emoji23]

Lol I have been watching Ricky for awhile now and honestly how can he not realise that heavily modding a financed car and posting it all over YouTube will get him into trouble

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
Lol I have been watching Ricky for awhile now and honestly how can he not realise that heavily modding a financed car and posting it all over YouTube will get him into trouble

In what world would modifying a car you have on finance be wrong !?
I modified mine less than a month after buying,I'd be telling Audi what to do if they gave me that ultimatum.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Buxton2901
In what world would modifying a car you have on finance be wrong !?
I modified mine less than a month after buying,I'd be telling Audi what to do if they gave me that ultimatum.
But you dont own that car until you have paid it off. And if it's in the terms of the finance agreement that you can't modify the vehicle then you have breached your agreement. Then if you advertise that all over the internet then more fool you

Reactions: SiPie, Tzsteve, NevMan and 2 others
But you dont own that car until you have paid it off. And if it's in the terms of the finance agreement that you can't modify the vehicle then you have breached your agreement. Then if you advertise that all over the internet then more fool you
I know that car sales would be dramatically cut if all manufacturers adhered and investigated these terms for sure.

He does not say how he purchased the car but it sounds like a PCP deal as even with discount and 0% interest it cannot be a PCH as he only paid £3K deposit and he said monthly is just over £600 so it has to be PCP, so with that he does not own the car it's being leased as it were from BMW and he would have to pay a final balloon payment to make the car his at the end of the PCP.

So what happens at the end of the lease if he does not want to or cannot afford to keep the car BMW won't want a modified car back that has been modified well passed BMW's specifications, and with the modification made it would be a limited number of people that would want a 3/4 year old M series car with that specification. Also if he decided to VT the car after 50% payment again they would be struggling to sell a heavily modified performance car.

Also this has happen to VW customers who have remapped their car and a TD1 flag registered, they have had their finance agreement terminated and have been told to repay the remaining finance in full.

Also BMW may be making an example of this guy's they know he's on Youtube so will most likely publish (which he has) what is happening, and it may make people think again before modifying a car that they do not own, and before you make any modifications read your contract.

I also bet the warranty on the car is null and void as well, as again that will also be in a contract about engine & performance modifications.

The chap is a serial BM buyer too so the whole things seems a bit cutting off their nose to spite their face to me.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

He keeps saying he bought it.... What a *******.

It's rented.

Reactions: Tzsteve and NevMan
BMW definitely played hardball with him.....

I always say you have to be prepared to pay if you want to play, but that’s usually because of a warranty issue. :racer:

Reactions: NevMan and Raiden
What he has done is given BMW the perfect platform (and audience) to target the buyers of their cars and tell them they don't want cars on PCP or PCH to be modified and if you do they will take you to the cleaners.

Reactions: simonali
BMW definitely played hardball with him.....

I always say you have to be prepared to pay if you want to play, but that’s usually because of a warranty issue. :racer:

Not surprised as he was on 0%. I would hazard they would be somewhat more lenient with punters paying 4+ %

Good for him.
Good for BMW.

Now the car is his it just doesn't have warranty.

Reactions: Dan_G
His car still has no warranty...

I think its great that this sort of thing comes out, its a bit of a shame that BMW didn't properly draw him over the coals, but they got out of it OK commercially speaking.

But i wonder how many cars go back at the end of a lease or PCP having been modded and therefore potentially causing issues for future owners? I'd be pretty miffed to find out that a car i bought, perhaps privately or outside of a dealer where you would have some sort of comeback, had been remapped.

That is the issue with tuning boxes, people stick them on and take them off before selling the car and leaving the next owner with a potential money pit, and the selling dealer would have no idea it was modified.

There's another viewpoint that BMW could be looking from as well. By modifying the car he's basically saying it wasn't that great to start with.

Didn't sound good so I put an exhaust on it. Didn't go fast enough so I put some engine mods on it etc.

There's also the fact that there is high speed street racing in some of his vids and obvious speed limit breaking in plenty of others (in addition to the mods) so maybe they just wanted to distance themselves from the whole affair. He probably has his photo in every BMW dealer now with banned stamped in red across his face!

Reactions: B5NUT
Look what I spotted today...

IMG 20190713 134839

Reactions: BD55SOL, MuPPeT_ON_TouR, A4B9 and 1 other person