oh dear

derek84

Reaction score
I went to my friend who owns a tyre garage had 2 new front tyres and the tracking done when he was doin my tracking he was makin the adjustment not sure what its called but the arm came undone from the the other end and the wheel wae not attached to the steering. Not really sure how this happened. And the young lad doin my tracking didn't have a clue wot had happened and no idea how to fix it I had a look sort of figured it out screwed the other end back in and the then screwed it back to the track rod end on the brake side. But as I don't really know much about cars I am just a little worried about drivin it now but on the plus side tracking got done for free lol

Thanks found the track rod end diagram and the end which actually came undone isn't shown. But the arm which screws in both ends is on a ball and socket joint so when I screwed it in I held the joint end with a 32mm spanner and screwed it in the other end I did have a knocking coming from the front before and now it seems to have stopped

Thanks found the track rod end diagram and the end which actually came undone isn't shown. But the arm which screws in both ends is on a ball and socket joint so when I screwed it in I held the joint end with a 32mm spanner and screwed it in the other end I did have a knocking coming from the front before and now it seems to have stopped

Glad to hear its stopped :icon_thumright: