Oh stop whining !

paddy

Reaction score
2011 S3, 52k miles and i have whine from the back at 65-70mph, stops after 70mph ( or gets drowned out), seems to only do it after about 30 miles (so once things warm up) , only does it at a steady speed so slight throttle/pull at 65mph and it stops back off and let it run on cruise and it comes back. does it in all gears and neutral at 70, doesnt get worse on corners. sounds like a constant engaged tone on the phone......drives me crazy :)
Also brakes juddering after about 20 miles ie: when hot. classic warped discs but i had new ones fitted and its still doing it ?
apart from this and the constant orange engine light its still going well at 50k miles......

thoughts ??

Thanks Dave, i have had this car from new and its only been doing this for the last couple of thousand miles so i dont think its generic ..

Get it on a ramp and check the read diff

Think thats going to be the next move. I will be pretty sick if its the diff after 50k miles.....

Hope you get it resolved soon @paddy. Nice seeing you back on the forum, you have been too quiet. :) x

Hi S
I hope all is well with you :) Been a bit busy setting up my own motorcycle spares business and the poor old car has taken a back seat to the van recently but i am now trying to get on top of the problems its clocked up :)

Reactions: Sandra
Hi S
I hope all is well with you :) Been a bit busy setting up my own motorcycle spares business and the poor old car has taken a back seat to the van recently but i am now trying to get on top of the problems its clocked up :)
I'm good thanks Paddy. Hope the business going well. You still got the Ducati iirc ? :)

I have enough bits to build a dozen :) but i don't actually own a complete one ...Actually riding a 1982 Laverda Jota at the moment..

I have enough bits to build a dozen :) but i don't actually own a complete one ...Actually riding a 1982 Laverda Jota at the moment..
Laverda Jota is a nice bike Paddy. Hope you find the time to enjoy it. :) x