Oil change

Longstride83

Reaction score
Has anyone had their oil change light come on and if so how much were you quoted at Audi? I was quoted £250 for an oil service. Surely just a change of oil will do as the car says oil change and not service.

Oil from the dealer is very expensive, they charge in 500ml units. Buy your own oil from somewhere like ECP, make sure it meets the correct certification criteria for your car, and then tell the dealer you are supplying your own oil. Let them supply the filter though so they cannot claim you are supplying a non-audi part

Minimum charge of one hour's labour, what is that these days at an Audi dealership, £150-200 an hour?

Out of interest, does anyone know the correct spec for the oil. Car came with a litre of 0W30 oil but when I have looked online, it suggests 5W30. Quite a few websites don’t even list the newest models. My car is on the long life service but I always do an interim oil change myself. Takes about 15 minutes with an extractor but the filter on this one looks lore difficult to access.

That is what I have used on my other cars. Thanks. Can usually get a good deal at Costco, Amazon or Parks Motor Group.