Oil changes and servicing

A3SLine2014

Reaction score
A3 Ultra S Line CoD 1398cc

I have maintained my cars for years covering big mileage with regular oil and filter changes and be doing the same with this A3 as decided to keep it. Never had a mechanical failure from a turbo etc or a clutch just regular servicing more thorough than a garage if you get me.

I be changing the oil halfway between usual changes but what id like to know is has anyone used the vacuum pumps on this EA211 to suck the oil from the sump via dipstickor is it baffled? Filter i see is the metal type to the front of the engine.

Ive used the vacuum pump for years and an oil change would usually take a relaxed 30 mins and also suck out oil from the paper filter housing (other engines)

Also, timing belt replacements... im used to duplex chains that never need changing so another question £329 with pump from independent or £500 dealer no pump. As its the CoD engine i a bit nervous of the belt replacement as there's a bulletin on it to do it correctly as easy to **** up which not confident independent has done many of these before.

I wont be chavving the car up just spend money on maintaining it.

Also be removing the silica bag from the coolant reservoir soon as would change coolant every 2 years.

Spark plugs... anyone a recommendation or just straight from dealer parts? Air filters on these dont think are changed for 50k!!!