Oil Feed Pipe

czm

Reaction score
At the weekend I am replacing my oil pick/oil pump.

I was wondering of it is worth looking at the oil feed line for the turbo and the turbo return line?
Is it easy enough to check those lines while I am doing this job?

You doing this yourself or do you have a buddy helping as ive heard can be a pain whilst under the car!

I ahvwe a friend helping and we have a ramp so I am hoping it is not too bad

I have all the parts to do this myself but haven't had time to do it. Let us know how you get on. Is it true you need to drop the subframe to access the sump bolts? Did a sump on a b5 a few weeks ago and just needed to move the arb out of the way but not sure if its the same on the b6. Good luck.

Well that did not go well!!! An hour into the job and thought I would tackle the the 2x hex bolts hidden in the fly wheel bell housing. Got one out then the other one rung off and tried for 3 hours with no joy.

So was beaten within 2 hours and 2 bolts. Really don't know what to do know. I suppose just hope there is no major sludge issue.
I changed the oil/ filter and a few other bits but pretty pi$$ed about not doing what I set out to.

Ive heard many stories this is a pig of a job... One worth paying someone to do, to save the hassle! If you wna do your self maybe keep spraying the bolts with duck grease or wd40 over a couple of weeks everyday then have another go!

No joy smashing a larger bit into the bolt then?

yeah did try a 5.5m and even 6mm, because of the location and angle of the bolt in that stupid bell hosuing it was impossible to get enough whack.

I am getting a m8 to weld up a more substantial long 5.5mm hex so I can give it some more welly to force it in! If not then I will not bother. The car has only had regular audi services and done 70k so I would have thought it would be fairly sludge free.

This was just a precaution measure.

Can I ask where you got your oil feed pipe from?

I've been quoted £100 from audi. There are a couple on eBay 2nd hand but I'm thinking these could be sludged up and could be a waste of money.

Thanks