Oil leak and DPF

TheBoyKing

Reaction score
Can an engine oil leak be associated with DPF problems as I’ve had my A3 2.0 DPF regen done at Halfords and the DPF light came on 2 days after the treatment and they also mentioned I’ve got an engine oil leak is that what could be giving me DPF problems?

Unlikely, unless its increasing oil pressure due to failed regens as fuel mixes with oil, thus oil leaks through gaskets, seals due to this pressure, what exactly did they do?

Given its returned 2 days later makes me question what they actually did tbh.

Car was in limp mode with emissions light on and I took it to Halfords they done a forced regen with 2 stage cleaning process, when I got the car back from them they mentioned the car had an engine oil leak and prior to the light coming back on these was a lot of blueish smoke when idling at red lights or stopped.

According to there site, they do 2 types, deeper clean states they inject liquid into filter directly.

Ideally need a diagnostic log to see whats going on.

Yeah they done both the first stage (cleaning solution into DPF) and second stage (treatment into fuel tank) and then done the forced regen because the car was in limp mode with emissions light on