Oil leak from bottom

bobbytomorow

Reaction score
I recently did an oil change (myself) and since there seems to be a leak from somewhere near the filter housing. Although the housing itself seems dry, most of the oil is dripping off of what I think is the secondary water pump? It was especially soaked in oil, under the rubber bushing that holds it and across the hose connected to it.

Any ideas where this could be coming from?

IMG 2846

The best plan is to totally clean the area with something like brake cleaner and then run the car for a day or so and check again. The leak should be more obvious.

Reactions: bobbytomorow
If it was fine before you did the oil change then you need to drain the oil and refit everything, cleaning up as you go along and double checking that things aren't cross threaded or over tightened to break a seal.

Reactions: bobbytomorow
The best plan is to totally clean the area with something like brake cleaner and then run the car for a day or so and check again. The leak should be more obvious.

Good call I will do that

If it was fine before you did the oil change then you need to drain the oil and refit everything, cleaning up as you go along and double checking that things aren't cross threaded or over tightened to break a seal.

Failing above I will then do this

Cheers fellas

Reactions: Daveyonthemove