Oil leak from head gasket

Rs3_dan2018w

Reaction score
Hi guys anyone able to help me out here my rs3 was booked in to investigate a vibration and they found an oil leak between transfer box and gearbox, turns out after further investigation its from the head gasket ive only owner the car since may 2018 and its only done 16.000 miles ive told the dealers theres no way its having a strip down and rebuild whats your opinions suggestions?? thanks dan

Why would you say that gaskets fail , it's a highly strung beast sh1t happens,I would have it in ASAP before it gets worse, it's just a head of OK that can sound scary but it will be your only option, they aint going to give you a new engine unless there is damage to the bottom end

Not the first head gasket failure on these engines...

DOC you had yours done???thanks dan
No, mine is fine. Had it in for a service the other week and on the video they specifically commented on no leaks from the usual hotspots. I hope it stays that way! 15k miles in and it’s been good as gold.

No, mine is fine. Had it in for a service the other week and on the video they specifically commented on no leaks from the usual hotspots. I hope it stays that way! 15k miles in and it’s been good as gold.

That’s interesting, usual hotspots.. like what?..

I’d be concerned if they have usual leak spots haha.

That’s interesting, usual hotspots.. like what?..

I’d be concerned if they have usual leak spots haha.
They sent a video checking the head gasket, gearbox seals, diff etc. Was reassuring to see them specifically check those areas and them be fine. All in all, the car was immaculate. Even the tyres had 4mm of tread after 15k miles.

They sent a video checking the head gasket, gearbox seals, diff etc. Was reassuring to see them specifically check those areas and them be fine. All in all, the car was immaculate. Even the tyres had 4mm of tread after 15k miles.

That’s good fair play. Mine with 16k on is on its second set of rear tyres, 5mm left. Third set of front tyres, third set because of the bubble I had in the sidewall forcing a change.