Oil level

abmat

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
oil level is saying low when checked in the mmi. Car has only done 2300 miles.

Is this normal or should I be speaking to Audi?

Sadly it is as most of us now find our cars run through some oil. The best bet is to keep a gallon of oil close at hand to top it off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oil level is saying low when checked in the mmi. Car has only done 2300 miles.

Is this normal or should I be speaking to Audi?
That doesn't sound right, even on an oil thirsty diesel. You shouldn't have to top up the oil for at least 5k miles on a brand new A6. I've also found the MMI oil level indicator isn't always 100% accurate at all times, for example a few weeks ago i had an oil change done yet afterwards the MMI oil indicator only showed 80%. I would get your car checked out at your nearest Audi service centre for peace of mind.

Reactions: abmat
It doesn’t, does it. My C6 hardly used any oil.

Last edited:
Perhaps the odd litre. But from max to low in 2300 miles?
Are you assuming it was full when you picked the car up, or did you actually check it?

Wouldn’t be the first time an AAudi PDI didn’t top up the oil….

I would put a litre in, and if it drops again then pay the dealer a visit :hi:

It was full. I checked. Well only according to the mmi. Due to the lack of dipstick there’s no way to back up its claim!

So……checked the oil yesterday as per instructions in manual and it was on the min mark. Phoned the dealer who said to bring it in and they would manually check it.

on the drive over it crept up a little. Apparently it was full and the advice was not to rely on the mmi, only take note if it gives you a warning.

Interestingly when I started the car the mmi reported it was full. So, did they either top it up and not tell me, or reset the indicator? I’ll never know but will continue to monitor.

As a side note on leaving the dealer the a/c decided to stop working again!

My Q5 2.0 tdi wanted a litre of oil putting in it at about 3000 miles.

Reactions: abmat
Silly question, but were you parked on a reasonably level surface and not an incline?